Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covering Fire, Parting Shot, and Volley Formation
Can Covering Fire and Parting shot use the range of your weapon? Honestly I find it silly that to provide someone with covering fire, I have to be within 4 squares of an enemy to 'fire at them willy nilly'. Same goes for parting shot whenever my rifle has like 8 range. And can Volley Formation effect such things? I'd really like if it affected single target spells as well, such as Rye, Ryemei, Libegrande, etc. as well so that the class has more utilitarian use with a spell splinger if you have volley formation out rather than just. "Well the only thing that I have that helps a mage is... Casting Order... Sorry!"

The only issue I can see with Volley Formation effecting skill ranges as well as basic attack ranges is possibly things like Pulling Shot having 12 or so range but. Tactician is kind of weak-sauce for solo play and gains more momentum with a team and even then, it might still be better just to be a dedicated healer/damager.
I dont know... If the tactician skills melded with skills like that I think ti would deserve a cost boost to it. But I do agree that the range of skills like covering fire and parting shot should be based on a gun's effective range.
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]
I agree that volley should affect magic as well. It sucks being a tactician on a party of casters.
Only some single target magic. I'm not opting for Sear to get +5 range ever. EVER.
I can see it being practical, especially for Libegrande and its awful positioning, but I still don't feel keen on the general idea.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Volley should have a broader spectrum so it includes magic, but instead of having +range it should have a different set of bonuses for magic.
I disagree with parting shot getting your weapon range. Thematically it makes sense to lose some of your effective range when you're running back and trying to shoot accurately (since the - hit drawback for parting shot is practically nonexistent). Balance wise it keeps parting shot from being annoyingly effective because it's can pretty much be a move command mixed in with 2 hits. The only way you can pull that off normally is if you attack and then sub attack while critting at some point with fluer equipped. When you start throwing in extra range and getting more distance, it becomes really hard for certain classes to actually do anything. (Imagine that change vs a BK who already has the struggle of having his armor completely ignored and low natural movement, if you don't end the gunner before initiative runs out they become untouchable and the most you can do is waste a turn moving twice or pray you can hanging them to death before you die)