Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bloody Palms
Simply put these are way too good, as I've brought up before they're a huge offender for damage stacking, not only granting claret call lv12 but also hunted lv12, with magic damage sources being absurdly common even for physical fighters, these can get out of hand extremely fast for not only physical damage dealers, but also magic damage dealers, not to mention how well they pair with multi hits like on-hit Swords / Exgalfa / Needles / anything hexer related.

I think the effect should be changed slightly, it should keep the spellblade synergy but have more fair damage windows.

Dealing Physical Damage grants +UL% damage to your next Magical Attack. (1 round)
Dealing Magical Damage grants +UL% damage to your next Physical Attack. (1 round)

Either effect can only be triggered once per round. (Both effects cannot trigger in the same round)

This way it doesn't get the bonus to hunted from Chimera warpaint, and it doesn't give essentially a permanent damage buff.
Sounds like a good idea to me. Much better than just curb stomping the buff.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
Honestly, they have deserved the nerf bat for a while now. Simply because how easy it's to also combine that with Twohand and add it to any other chaincalculation, which pretty much everyone agrees by now, is getting out of hand.

Making it a one turn only effect and comsuming it, is certainly a step in the right direction. also to detach it from hunted/the prayer.

So I can dig this change, it still makes bloody palms damm good.
Sound the drums of nerf.
It's an interesting direction to take the item, but looking at multiplier stacking in general would be better than individually band-aiding each item with the effect.

That said, the important bit's here what counts as an attack. Any source of damage, for example, would hamper elemental augment and using on-hit elemental damage weapons since the physical damage would proc the effect and it would immediately spend itself on increasing the secondary damage by 12%.

By the by, wouldn't making it a status for the wielder allow it to stack with other sources of Hunted?
Yeah, it'd make it be able to stack with Hunted. I'm all for damage stacking getting nerfed, but honestly... I think it's just faster to make damage stacking additive instead of multiplicative, again. Kill a thousand birds with one stone so to speak.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
The OP's suggestion sounds fine, but this still just encourages the jin-sword meta, and makes the item useless for mages that don't pack physical damage. Though as previous posts mentioned, it'd cause issues with stacking with Hunted if it were made its own unique status.

I'd go on about the damage stacking dilemma but that's a whole 'nother issue. All I'll say is I agree that we should focus on the countless +% Damage buffs lying around that break the game when combined. Bloody Palms are just a cog in the machine of pumping out maximum DPS.

Its +12 Phys damage (lvl 12 Claret Call) + 12% to all damage dealt to the target (lvl 12 Hunted which can go up to 17% w/ god buffs) is impossible to compete with for the item slot when building for damage, assuming you have a reliable way to inflict physical and magical damage. Which, surprise, a jin-sword (or literally any physical damage weapon w/ elemental augment/other means of magical damage supplementation) will do perfectly, benefiting greatly from the +12 Phys damage and the +% Damage debuff that's applied for doing what they'd do anyways: hitting their enemy until they die.

Objectively as it stands, Bloody Palms work best with physical damage that can squeeze in a tick of magical damage to get its second effect to kick in. Hence the countless two-hand jin-sword builds flooding the meta.
The OP sounds fine.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]