Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
snared/rooted
Can these a status effects work like sl1 still status effects

It makes no sense for someone whose legs are tied to the ground to dodge at their normal efficiency
I agree 100%. People who are immobilized often just use skills to move about anyway, which kind of kills the purpose to begin with. It'd be nice to see it be as useful as the other status effects.
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]
It does not have to be as evil as sl1 just substantial, neck give snare a str / will check if you attack your own tile to break free, as long as it impairs dodge
Just a related isolated example, wouldn't the supposed failsafe mehcanics of Blink make Blink stop working when the subject is bound?

Quote:Blink teleports you and anything you're touching except the ground, but anything beyond your equipment and clothes causes the spell to fail. Most magic of this nature is developed with fail-safes in mind due to the highly dangerous nature of teleportation magic.
http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...blink#p332

I ask because of that.
[Image: 8a38cabea2.png]
good point
Being rooted to the ground doesn't stop you from weaving and ducking.

Evasion penalty? Sure. Evasion NEGATION? No.
*loud burp*
I said like sl1, which was a 50% penalty to dodge, which would probably translate to a lower % or flat number

I even think you should be able to break free from the status by attacking your tile with melee or time with a str or wil check