Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crystal Meth
Making Crystal Rose not crit or leave cinders can be a more lazy solution? Elemental Augment already changes the damage type, sooo...
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Honestly, I figured a sweeping fix would be best given it's a strong, cheap AoE comparable to magic but for an already very powerful class. Kicking those two down to the same level as the rest would be a good start, at the very least.

For swift crystal rose, just make it have a chance at inflicting interference instead. That's quite a powerful status effect and honestly it'd be way cooler.

Crank the cinders down to half of what they are now, or maybe 75% of that.

Though AoEs in general should be looked at, yes.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
I made the circle size a little smaller, we'll see what that does.
"Neus" Wrote:I made the circle size a little smaller, we'll see what that does.

After thinking on it, I really don't think this is gonna help that much, Swift Crystal rose will still be ridiculous because as I've brought up several times, lightning criticals are way way way way too powerful.

All this is gonna do is nerf the lesser used forms of crystal rose like Raging and Quaking crystal rose, while blazing and swift crystal rose will still just be just as oppressive to face against.
Wait and see it in practice in my opinion. People thought Salamander Sword was the most broken thing in the game once it came out, and then it didn't turn out to be as horrifying as they thought. Still strong, though, but just to give an example.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Salamander sword is pretty ridiculous, I just don't think people are using it right, though I think the 20+ Lightning themed Kensei builds are using it right.
Okay, so I was looking over the stats of Crystal Rose. I never really saw why people had a problem with Swift Crystal Rose and not Swift Cyclone Spear (SWIFT Cyclone Spear, mind you, wasn't getting complained about) since I thought they were the exact same thing. But then, I looked into it. I don't know about you, but something just seems... off.

I think the reason why Crystal Rose is such a huge deal and why it's so absurdly, bullshittingly powerful is because it's 70% Ice/other elemental ATK along with the SWA, whilst the Cyclone Spear is a measly 120% SWA and nothing more.

Perhaps Crystal Rose could be changed to be 90/100/110/120/130 SWA instead of scaling with that additional elemental ATK? I'm saying 130% SWA maximum because Cyclone Spear has the additional pulling effect, whilst Crystal Rose doesn't.

Or, alternatively, give Cyclone Spear the same treatment, and lower both's maximum scaling to 60% Ice/Wind ATK, 70% SWA?
I think the 100% + 70% SWA isn't AS crazy as it looks, honestly. Say your SWA is 100 and you have 40 skill/Will, for ease of math. 120% SWA is 120, and 100%+70% of Ice attack comes up to closer to 135 (rounding; it's late and I'm lazy.) It's not especially drastic, and Cyclone Spear also has the benefit of re-positioning enemies. The main reason it's so strong is because a Duelist will be built for Skill regardless; they want to hit with basics, and Crystal Rose is primarily for AoE/Utility. Point being, I think lowering the ice attack a bit (maybe 50%) would be more than enough.

If the issues people have lie primarily with the Elemental effects (since some have said they're fine with the base skill and the issue is primarily with Blazing/Swift) the Elemental Impact could be given the Arrow Treatment: "If enchanted with ____." A badge wouldn't be good enough; they'd need to have the actual spell cast on them.
*loud burp*