Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Durability
Well, I don't think durability should have that much impact in the terms of 1v1 battles. If we were to make it any more of an exhaustive resource it would probably really hurt the PvE experience more.
"Neus" Wrote:Well, I don't think durability should have that much impact in the terms of 1v1 battles. If we were to make it any more of an exhaustive resource it would probably really hurt the PvE experience more.

This is my concern as well. As it stands, trying to level up a NEW, non LE'd basic attacker without relying on grindmage friends can really get out of hand; some fights can take well beyond the number of hits that Maintenance repairs, and Divine doesn't grow on trees. Making enough Repair Powder to use after every battle uses up resources you won't have a whole lot of to spare (Unless you sell the raremetal from the Rare Hunter quests to other players, leaving you without any once you get your own 10* items.) As for Ether weapons, there's no guarantee you can get the item you need in that material as a lowbie without the resources of having LE'd. There's also no ether paper for tomes. Point being, autohits not consuming durability in PVE is a godsend, and one the game needs.

If people want durability to be consumed by autohits in PVP, I understand completely. But if this is implemented, I again bring up an old idea of a "PVP Mode" to work the change into. Basically, things that are deemed too strong for PVP but would become too weak in PVE if changed could be handled as being PVP exclusive mechanics. See: Reducing PVP healing so fights don't last forever, while having dedicated PVE healers still being valuable and not nerfed to the point that there's no reason to not just attack, etc.

(I realize PVP Mode would require another topic in and of itself. I'm simply mentioning it here to see if anyone would WANT to see a topic about it.)
*loud burp*
Not to veer off topic but I would recommend carrying a backup weapon to switch to in those low level scenarios if you're running out of durability. I know it can still be an issue sometimes, though.
"Neus" Wrote:Not to veer off topic but I would recommend carrying a backup weapon to switch to in those low level scenarios if you're running out of durability. I know it can still be an issue sometimes, though.

What about the "Switch weapon mid-battle function, with the weapon in question consuming itembelt slot" idea?
I think you mentioned such in the past, and more often than not I find myself in a battle and be Like "Okay, I got my lightweight weapon to hit those speedster-" *deals 7 damage* "Well fuck you are a tank! guess I fight the whole fight with the wrong weapons."

which I find sort of hilarious, in it's own right buuuut... It would probably be cool to be able to have access to secondary weapons one way or another mid battle.
I'll try and make some time to get that added next update.
I can't believe I can be Dante now and use two handguns AND a sword???? (Kudos for Shujin for remembering this!)

Do that and you'll be giving me my late birthday gift. +1
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]