Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dullahan Evasion
Dullahans should have evasion if they have the Celerity to trigger it. They aren't an idiot wearing heavy armor, they are the armor, if the god damn monster armors in the mansion can have it so should dullahans.
"Shujin" Wrote:(Just to clarify. Dullahans aren't treated as possessed. I am just mentioning this because you ,Fern, told me they are, they are not. So the holy voltiger shouldn't matter much. Holy has no effect on them unless you have spirits.)

Just to clarify, I've only told Jupiter Storm this and I also brought up that I had not seen proof of it since it was only said to me. Holy is part of the whole damage stacking deal, which is why I brought it up.

I don't remember doing it, but if I truly told you that, then it was my bad.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
"Grandpa" Wrote:The argument that they're heavy doesn't really stand. And, not being mobile doesn't either. Look at Soul Rage. "Contrary to their appearance, the Dullahan is capable of lightning fast rampages, due to the nature of the Soul Engine." They should at the absolute least be getting evasion while using soul rage.
Soul Rage is basically the Dullahan going berserk. People that go berserk aren't in the mindset of partial dodging, they're in the mindset of running up to the target and smashing their head in. They are 'lightning fast' in their approach, but not necessarily their defense.

Putting aside how Global Evasion and Heavy Armor shouldn't even mix in the first place (it's a mechanic for evasive characters, why can some seven-foot, four-hundred pound, steel-and-bone-covered tank utilize this?), this is nowhere near 'unfair'. If you want 'unfair', talk about how Interference/Soul Chains used to stunlock Dullahans for as long as the opponent could apply those effects.

If you somehow think that Dullahan, despite negating critical hits and poison, always triggering Heavy Armor benefits, getting to drain their FP to initiate stun (which carries 50% damage reduction) with the pontential to heal on said stun, with the ability to start turns with 10 Momentum at will, while completely ignoring the Battle Weight system, and can give the middle finger to any sort of FP attacking/DoT strategy out there, is somehow not naturally tanky enough, then I'm not sure what to tell you. I can think of no other race that can pull off this much tanking power just because they're X; everything else relies on what the rest of the game provides. Even Glykins, with all their regen, can't achieve the level of immovability that Dullahans can easily harness.

If you really want to talk about buffing Dullahan with Global Evasion, then you should start talking about nerfing some of its strengths first.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Chaos you realize that a dullahan statted to actually proc evasion would not be a super San/def tank right? They are infact an evasive character in this instance, just without the ability to use evasion. I also wouldn't count their ability to stun themselves via fp drain and heal with mayella to be something an evade building dullahan would be able to afford to do with their low defense.

Most high evade dullahans are Str/Skill/Guile Crit fishing builds that go so deep into offense they can only afford a single a defensive stat.

Giving dullahans global evasion wouldn't help the tanks since you still need Cel to proc evasion.

also fun fact, armor historically weighs less than its wearer, this means statistically dullahans are probably the third lightest race behind corbies and liches.
You don't necessarily need high CEL/LUC to benefit from global evasion. Some builds run such low SKI to whore SWA or defenses that their hit is abysmal.

It doesn't take an evade oriented build to get mileage out of having global evasion. You might not proc it on everyone consistently, but it would give you more incentive to throw down hit debuffs or pack just enough evade to dodge the lower spectrum.

I'm like to agree with Chaos. If we're going to seriously consider making Dullahans able to utilize global evasion while also being considered as wearing heavy armor at all times, they need to have some kind of trade off. Dullahans are already an extremely overbearing race as is.
The point being is that their should be an option for evade building dullahans to distinguish themselves. The only obvious way to doing that would be to giving them a way to unlock evasion.

Dev's mentioned with the new traits that there would be ways to unlock traits and then retro actively lose them. How about if a Dullahan has atleast 40 points invested in celerity an evasion trait becomes available, if they invest more than 10 actual points into defense they lose it (not counting race base or APT) That way you cannot have a tanky evasive dullahan, its one or the other, it would also make the dullahan always count as medium armor.