Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farming (Again)
I know this has been pitched about a million times, but hear me out.

[Concept] What if there were a place where we could plant certain food items (like fruits and vegetables), and water them once per day. You lose the items you plant and gain a "Growth Value" for each item type you have planted. The value would depend on the number you planted (plant one carrot, Growth Value (Carrot): 1 for example). Each time you water the crop, the growth value increases by the base growth value (the amount you initially planted). So if you initially planted 1 and watered 4 times in total, the value would go from 1, to 2, to 3, to 4, to 5. If you initially planted 2 it would go from 2, to 4, to 6, to 8, to 10. You can harvest a crop type at any time, and receive the amount of that crop back equal to the Growth Value.

Watering would increase the Growth Value of all crop types simultaneously, and again, could only be done once per day. This is to prevent watering and harvesting immediately, only to plant, water again, and repeat (basically infinite crops).

[Implementation] I don't know whether or not player farmland would be out of the question, but I can think of another way to handle this. There could be a farmer NPC (who stands by their own farmland) that you give the items to, and who does the farmwork for you. Watering could take a murai fee dependent on the total number of crops you have planted (5 per, perhaps?).

[Caps] Due to absurd amounts of items entering player inventories at once potentially causing lag, and for the sake of possibly having an actual market that doesn't get flooded with an influx of items, you would not be able to plant more than 20 crops of one type at once, and auto-harvest will occur when a Growth Value totals 100 or greater.

Feedback is encouraged and appreciated, because currently it's much, much, much too difficult to get a lot of simple ingredients, and I would love for this to change.
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]
I've pitched this multiple times, especially as an excuse to get Doraington on that island opened up as a place to go. Although, my concept for farming was a little different.
  • NPC sells seeds, and land plots can be rented like the shop stalls.
  • Buy seeds, rent stall, plant plant. Then perform a minigame or let a little timer run on it, (say X time for X plant to grow).
  • Harvest talent gets more useful.
  • Profit.

It's pretty simple and not to hard, but if based off the Harvest talent should be 1 Mura per seed or so.

Though I fully agree, this is necessary to get certain food ingredients properly, and food needs to have its chance from chests be reduced if this goes into effect.

What that would do:
  • Provide better loot from the dungeons because the amount of loot wouldn't bee too large.
  • Give people something else to do than kill monsters all day.
  • Introduce a new form of marketing to the economy.
  • Attract more players with a new form of gameplay aspect.
  • Contribute to roleplaying in various ways.
  • Much more.

Long story short; YES FARMING. Farmer Dante approves.

Although, if necessary, I wouldn't mind trying to actually icon and map this out, but I don't really see much reason to if the idea isn't going to be implemented.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
I would absolutely love farms, especially if we can have them in houses. Trying to get decent food ingredients in dungeon is so much of a pain, this would actually make cooking worth actively pursuing.