Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Neverused
Ghost has a few obsolete/gimmick-tier moves in its belt, and I think Dark Imbue is one of the largest offenders.

Quote:The hit bonus would be fine were it for swords, but as it’s for axes, which have abysmal base hit, I think it should be bumped up to +7 Hit/rank, ending at +35 Hit at Rank 5 (up from +25 Hit at Rank 5).

Quote:The dark damage is entirely obsolete and easily resisted by both Dark Resist% and DR% at the same time. As it’s only fixed to 10 at maximum rank, I feel that it should be majorly buffed, and changed: my two suggestions are as follows:
Quote:-Dark damage is increased to 50% Dark ATK, instead of 10, but doesn’t resist armor.
-Change the Dark damage to Pierce damage, and increase the damage per rank to 4, ending with a resulting 20 at Rank 5.

Thoughts?
[Image: unknown.png]
I've suggested this before, people told me no for some reason....
I don't really see why not. It's literally never used, and it's not like axes are outdamaged by swords in either regard.
Changing dark damage to pierce damage would kind of defeat the point, I understand that dark resistance is plentyful but that sounds like a problem with one particular race being grossly stronger than any other (Vampire)

Otherwise I'm fine with everything else as long as autopistols mutated into axes are taken into consideration like I mentioned in the last thread and the thread before that and even the thread before that.
From what I've seen, dark resistance isn't all that common anymore. But even with that taken into consideration, not many people find a good use for Dark Imbue.

I think it should just make you do 50% Dark ATK on hit, besides the stuff it already gives you.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
While the buff is on, have a skill to turn it off for 0M incase your target has Dark Resist.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
There's many ways of testing that out, like ghostwind, you can't disable elemental augment, it should be the same for this too. (besides it doesn't last nearly as long)
I'm not talking about 1v1's where you can Ghostwind to do a Dark Resist check. There might be situations in a larger fight where you need the +hit boost (such as hitting a dodger), and then it's a detriment when you need to change your focus (such as KOing the dodger and needing to go after someone who has Dark Resist).

A buff like this shouldn't be a detriment. If it is, especially because you have to spend momentum to use it, then it just makes Kensei with the straight, innate buffs seem better.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Elemental augment doesn't eat momentum when resisted (nor gained when hitting weakness), dark imbue should probably be changed to be the same if thats the case.

Sounds like a simpler change to me.
I agree with Spoops suggestion, simply not causing momentum loss if the onhit touches darkness resistance. Otherwise, I like the idea for how it is, and would prefer to keep the damage as Darkness (it is 'Dark' imbue, after all).
I was going to suggest a duration increase, but with a 35 hit increase and darkness damage increase, that's probably no longer necessary.