Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scaled Leveling
Can we get it so when you place points into a stat when leveling up, that you're able to see the scaled stat as well before hitting confirm so you don't have to try to work out the math of how the diminishing returns works in order to know what you're doing when putting points over soft-cap BEFORE confirming it?
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Plz add, we need dis
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
How would this work in your mind?
Maybe making it so the Scaled Stats button in Character Info keeps showing the scaled values, even when you're investing points. I'm not sure if that would be generally difficult to implement, though.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
There's an easier way to do this:

Swap them around. Make the Character Menu always show your scaled stats so stat distribution is more accurate and regards people of 'diminishing returns' automatically, and when you press the 'show' button, it shows how much you've spend on them and the bonuses.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I like Kunai's idea best.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Kunai's idea would be perfect. I'd much rather see my scaled stats when investing rather than my base stats. All this would take is swapping out which shows first and effectively reversing the function of the scaled button so when clicked it shows your base stats instead of your scaled stats.
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: mQMYHlv.png]
as long as we're on the subject, can equipment/class bonuses on stats either be included in the stat display while levelling, or excluded from the display altogether? preferably the former, but for consistency's sake either one would be helpful.

(currently they show up in the total stat display, but are not accounted for while increasing stats)
as far as i've seen, diminishing returns seem to be like 90% of the previous value. say your racial is 4, the soft cap would be 44, going to 54 would give you a scaled of around 54.08. And diminishing returns seem to be in groups of 3 regardless of stat.