Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aptitude and builds
I ...agree with chaos

I'd much rather cut the fat from builds. APT really makes playing corrupted races just....suck.
I'm not even remotely all that experienced, but I like the sound of Chaos's idea. Aptitude seems universally useful and plainly makes everyone better at everything.
Well, it's quite the thing to weight here. At one hand, you can have a much better control over where you want to specialize and not, it will probably make focused builds insanely more strong while bolstering more open weaknesses. (Such as squishy people becoming more squishy, and tanky becoming less hit-y or ever dreaming of proccing Evasion against other tanks.) And at the other hand, all-around people will fall from 'good' to worse than bad, because it will once again become a go full tank or go full dodge case, unless a specific number becomes the meta again.

The idea is not bad, making builds have a more solid influence (and hopefully solve the NPC case) is something good to have. What's bad and the cause of my disagreement is that this may delay by a chunk whatever plans are to come next, and I doubt Dev will want to approach this without a very solid reason than 'spray and pray it works', just to have people whining about it not being enough/being too much in the near future.

I'd hold off the thought until post trait rework, and give it more time to think about this.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I still say its not wise to touch people's builds and inconvenience quite literally everyone's multiple characters.
I don't think this is necessary right now. I honestly only expect major inconvenience from removing APT, at this point.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
If you remove APT and give everyone the net gain in points to reallocate, all you'll do is make hyperfocused builds stronger. If you don't, you'll just be nerfing everyone for no reason and force everyone to either redo or trash their builds.

I don't want to see the game become even more of "The Chad Evader vs The Virgin Autohit Tank", so let's not remove APT.
"MegaBlues" Wrote:If you remove APT and give everyone the net gain in points to reallocate, all you'll do is make hyperfocused builds stronger. If you don't, you'll just be nerfing everyone for no reason and force everyone to either redo or trash their builds.

I don't want to see the game become even more of "The Chad Evader vs The Virgin Autohit Tank", so let's not remove APT.

I'd rather have those two idiots again instead of all of the 50+ all stat builds floating around.
Not many people are running about with that many stats, and the option to become an all-rounder has been confirmed to be generally ineffective anyway. People are usually better off specializing in a few things, though I'm speaking from personal experience after seeing (and creating) builds myself.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
While I do agree that APT is a very strange stat, it's far too much of a detriment in the long run to up and remove it, since so many builds rely on APT overall.

As Blues pointed out, just removing APT will make hyperfocus stat builds the absolute meta, meaning what Kunai said will become true- evasion will be even more solidified as the go-to, since tanks won't be able to hit jack shit since everyone is going evade. That, and everyone will immediately rush to change stats, in order to become relevant, due to the ~36-50 point hole it caused, and the devastation of losing a ton of bonus stats.

Just don't change it. Maybe something gradual, along the way, but nothing immediately, and certainly nothing all at once. But as it is, I'm absolutely fine where it stands currently.
"GSM" Wrote:While I do agree that APT is a very strange stat, it's far too much of a detriment in the long run to up and remove it, since so many builds rely on APT overall.

As Blues pointed out, just removing APT will make hyperfocus stat builds the absolute meta, meaning what Kunai said will become true- evasion will be even more solidified as the go-to, since tanks won't be able to hit jack shit since everyone is going evade. That, and everyone will immediately rush to change stats, in order to become relevant, due to the ~36-50 point hole it caused, and the devastation of losing a ton of bonus stats.

Just don't change it. Maybe something gradual, along the way, but nothing immediately, and certainly nothing all at once. But as it is, I'm absolutely fine where it stands currently.

If we remove APT, and increase SPL, everyone would be given reworks, test servers could be hosted for a weekend before to give people time to replan.

Also builds that rely on APT could be made in a world with out apt easily just by remembering to put points in everything till your happy.

If anything APT makes playing corrupted races feel inferior to other races as it forces sanc on you.