Accuracy: 80%
Attack Range: 5
Weight: 5
Damage Type: Acid
Durability: 40/40
Rarity: 7*
A type of shuriken coated in venom.
Potential Skill - Acid Flower
Tamaki Shuriken's Potential Skill. Unleashes a barrage of acid shurikens in all directions around you. If these hit an enemy, it performs a basic attack on them with a bonus to hit equal to Tamaki Shuriken's UL. Once it reaches its maximum distance or hits an enemy, it also creates a 2 range circle of Acid Pools and spawns a random flower at the location. These last for 5 rounds and have a LV equal to 1 + Tamaki Shuriken's UL.
Item Effects
On Hit: Status infliction based chance to inflict Poison LV 20 for 3 turns
Stat Scaling
10% STR
60% GUI

The reason for this post is to address Shuriken, medium dagger weapons with ranged melee attacks. They're just amazing as a concept- that potential skill is aesthetically beautiful, even if not really a competitive skill itself. But, some major issues I see with this shuriken, and all of them in turn, are the following: The stat scalings do not really mesh all that amazingly. More in depth study of the mathematics of this weapon are below.

They tend to be high guile scaling daggers, and for criticals, that's a good thing- but running the math, and testing builds with them, this Tamaki Shuriken, with Dragon remains for additional power, max power UL, sharp, as well as divine, amounts to a total of 22 power. With fireblood remains, it amounts to 27- these values, for daggers, are certainly not terrible, but when you take a stat calculator and try to build around the weapon, the results are less than impressive: With soft capped strength and guile, considering both the inks for them, as well as all three strength traits, giving 48 Strength and 45 Guile, the SWA at the maximum power is 73. If dragon remains for the critical and hit bonuses, it drops down to 68 SWA. The math will be attached below.

These inherent weaknesses are only that much more difficult with the fact that, when dual wielding Shuriken, Dagger Dance will not trigger, even if in the attack range for the second Shuriken- you must be directly next to, behind, or in front of your attack target, negating the range benefit of the weapon. Given not only how low the SWA is after sacrificing the build of being a critical assassin and wasting 44 points (In my case, Grimalkin VA was used in the stat calculator to test this, as well as in-game) really gimps the weapon of it's usefulness as anything aside from a gimmick to be splashed into other builds. My closing point, as well as my suggestion, based on all the things mentioned above, is as follows: Shuriken need A: Better scalings that make them useful, and do not the player for trying to build around them and B: They could really, really benefit a lot from being an exception to Dagger Dance where, if both weapons are Shuriken, they will trigger a second attack in the proper range.

In conclusion: Just because it is not part of the current meta, doesn't mean it should be 100% unviable to be used, or left as-is. The weapon line of Shuriken need fixed, because a 7* having a max SWA range of 68-73, and even not triggering Dagger Dance instances, seems very underwhelming, and really doesn't make me wonder why you don't see more people using Shuriken.

Attached Files
.png   SWA22powerTamaki.png (Size: 14.27 KB / Downloads: 1,894)
.png   SWA27powerTamaki.png (Size: 14.6 KB / Downloads: 1,890)
"WickedAcolyte" Wrote:...when dual wielding Shuriken, Dagger Dance will not trigger, even if in the attack range for the second Shuriken- you must be directly next to, behind, or in front of your attack target, negating the range benefit of the weapon.

...They could really, really benefit a lot from being an exception to Dagger Dance where, if both weapons are Shuriken, they will trigger a second attack in the proper range.

(snipped for size)

I don't see much of a reason to change SWA scaling on Dagger-type weapons, even if they are a bit stupid at times. The main power of daggers is to crit, especially with Void Assassins. However, there's a clear disparity between Shuriken and regular Daggers, with Daggers getting many more benefits.

That being said, I am 100% in favor of making Dagger Dance proc with Shuriken-type Daggers, but only if both are Shuriken, and both are within range of the same enemy.
[Image: unknown.png]
Same, about time for Dagger Dance to get some expansions.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...t=4708&

I suggested this a while back but dagger dance does apply to shurikens, just only in 1 range, I think they really should be in any range, maybe even with a damage cut to compensate.
"Spoops" Wrote:http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...t=4708&
maybe even with a damage cut to compensate.

I'd argue against any (further) damage cut? There's already a damage cut of 80% on dagger dance, after all. Also, the fan daggers have 120% SWA and 100% elemental damage and receive no (further) damage cut, and this is incredibly low base damage already.
While there is a damage cut in damage with dagger dance (any weapon in the sub slot seems to hit slightly less) I would love to see dagger dance expansion though in some regard while wielding two shurikens. The weapon itself is beautiful for idea and with how it meant to fight it does it job, and to be able to throw both shurikens even with the damage reduction in some turn it would still allow for a unique fighting style with how the weapons apply different effects and make them see more light I feel