Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Shield after battle
Can we have Darkshield, the active part, maybe last after battle?

Its mostly for dungeons really, to have function it like Astralbelt already does. They are technically around the same tier of power aswell just for different damage types. Means you do not have to constantly rebuff yourself during a dungeon run where you run into danger of being back attacked by a crazy special squad. (Yes, this is sort of an salt thread because that happend!).

I do not think it would be too much considering skills like Astralbelt/ice point guard do that already and they are roughly the same tier/type of skills. Also cause Void does not fade this quickly.
I dont know if I'd want this, because unlike Astral belt, Dark Shield cannot be stolen, or simply have its stats burned off, and it provides more RES than Astral Belt's DEF modifier.

I could only see it becoming an out of combat stat modifier to include into stat calculators, with no repercussion
Yeah it's slightly higher but Astralbelt has also some mean damage potential with magnetize. Also just make darkshield stealable if thats the issue
or 1 res per 6 instead of 5 void energy.*shrugs*

if I compare the 3 skills I come to the following if narrowed down to what they do

Quote:Astralbelt: 8 Rounds 10Def(12 with spirit), can be used on others, twice def bonus damage if pulled(can be combo into multipulls perround),Out of comabt persistence(saves you the set up), can be autoenchanted(also set up saving or with the persistence over battles you can put on a galren as auto echant, outclassing the boost darkshield gives easily). Can be stolen though

Ice point Guard: 8rounds 5 Def/Res(6 Def/res with spirit), Grants the abillity to guard which is veeeeeeery good, Can be used for an snipe attack, persists after battle saving you the set up of 6M. Can't be stolen

Darkshield: 8rounds 13res(no real benefit for spirit except for 3% dark resist as passive) consumes your void veil completely (or half now in turn for some damage), Has the passive effect I guess, does not persist through battle. Can't be stolen.

So compared to the other I still believe they are very much the same tier of skill, and void assassins that are focused on more melee void stuff, recover void energy a lot slower, So the viod costs are alot for them. (Like the VAs that actually don't use revile fray so they can set up melee attacks easier) So to be honest? I do not see a big issue for it to do the same as the other two skills of the same skill tier. Its not really better than them, it's just slightly different. and at full potential it just has 1 single stat point more, which doesn't meann all that much in diminishing returns, even without nerfing darkshield.
In the end I am indifferent towards it, it just felt off and I mostly suggested that for concistency reasons and easier dungeoning
Dark shield also provides a passive benefit, mind you, its not entirely useless when its not being used either. 15% Dark RES is a good margin, and if spending the void energy is an issue, there are many buffs and passives to fight against that, also doesn't it have like 8 duration already at max void energy?

I'm not completely against it, just providing reasons as to why its already a good skill.
Yeah I mentioned that it has a passive and never said it's bad. Just that its basically the same tier as the other skills still, all have their boons and cons, I just was more worried about the active part. And I stated all of that in my sum up of the skills.

Void energy is also just a problem if you are a melee VA, who is not using revile fray (for positioning reasons, to not destroy your gates). The more magical VAs have no problem but I feel exactly the melees need it more.
Well, not to say what you say isn't true, but I find in matchups vs magic damage, you end up generating a lot of void energy really fast, as it appears to be pre-mitigation damage that's generated as void energy, which is generally when you would use Dark Shield to start with, if you take magic damage at all then void energy is a much more expendable resource, even by ticks like on-hits can generate sizable chunks.

usually 2 or 3 magic attacks can charge your void energy to full, after that its a matter of using Veil Off, which is a huge buff for VAs to begin with, then there's also the buff that lets VAs keep half their void energy at that null damage cost.
Certainly true but thats still a much longer time you need to set up than youd need for the other two skills, and bound on fighting a magical opponent. So I don't really think thats an argument against it, since even when the others need less "build up" still get the boon of after battle keeping, and the power of the skills is all around the same just with tiny different benefits. *shrugs*
I don't think it's really necessary even if it's on the lower end of usefulness. Most of the status effects that behave this way require setup or are just a function of how the class operates, like Verglas.
Thats the point though. Astral belt for one, is simple and plain a buff which can even be auto enchanted, Dark shield needs alot more set up and using it means that you need to regain your void energy for other stuff again, much more akin to verglas ice point guard.

It's more of a quality of life stuff and I can certainly live without it, it just felt inconcistent.
Also the rebuffing in dungeons either eats to much void power, or in the long run too much hp, it would help a bit with that, if you do not have to redo it every battle.