Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frayckin Ridiculous
"Spoops" Wrote:
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:It does big damage, but the set up time is big.

Just make it so that ally's gates aren't on the same "network" as your own so a party can't set up a cheese in 1-2 rounds.

1200 damage is a big number, but chargemind, excel, death knighting, sidecut, ect can do the same.

the only issue is that cloned projectiles can be cloned again, make it so that projectiles generated from refraction cannot be refracted.

No charge minded projectiles can actually be refracted, the only one that comes close is wind slasher but it doesn't work either.

I think disallowing fray to work with refraction might be the most wise option as Dev posted.
Sorry my post was a bit convoluted.

I was referring that chargemind is a simply a common example of set up leading towards crazy damage.

I'm also not sure if fray is specifically at fault here, its that Refracted projectiles can be re-refracted.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:
"Spoops" Wrote:
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:It does big damage, but the set up time is big.

Just make it so that ally's gates aren't on the same "network" as your own so a party can't set up a cheese in 1-2 rounds.

1200 damage is a big number, but chargemind, excel, death knighting, sidecut, ect can do the same.

the only issue is that cloned projectiles can be cloned again, make it so that projectiles generated from refraction cannot be refracted.

No charge minded projectiles can actually be refracted, the only one that comes close is wind slasher but it doesn't work either.

I think disallowing fray to work with refraction might be the most wise option as Dev posted.
Sorry my post was a bit convoluted.

I was referring that chargemind is a simply a common example of set up leading towards crazy damage.

I'm also not sure if fray is specifically at fault here, its that Refracted projectiles can be re-refracted.

Fray is really easy to set up into other voidgates and scales entirely off of RES, a tank stat, its easy to set it up to be fired off into voidgates multiple times per voidgate leading to cases where you can throw upwards to 30+ at a time, which also throws the same amount or more at the end of the round.
Refracted projectiles can't be refracted, either. Out of curiousity are refracted projectiles coming out of frayed gates right now?
"Neus" Wrote:Refracted projectiles can't be refracted, either. Out of curiousity are refracted projectiles coming out of frayed gates right now?

I think they can enter and exit frayed voidgates, I tested with essence blast, it could not enter a frayed gate, but frayed voidgate projectiles could pass through and be refracted through a frayed voidgate.
Frayed gates shouldn't be enter/exitable, changing this would probably cut frayed gate spam in half.
Considering the new nerf where projectiles disappear after hitting another portal, I believe there isn't really much to nerf anymore. It doesn't feel right to me to stop fray from travelling through voidgates now that they stop after one portal.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Just make it so that Frayed gates shouldn't be enterable and exitable by frayed projectiles, and it should be fine.