Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bang, bang, bang?
Pull my devil trigger!

Can Demon Hunter have access to Darkness Flame? My ideas about how it would work are quite simple:

Effects:
- It grants you the effects of Charred Void. So cinder tiles become dark cinders.
- It increases all stats by 5+Rank LV.
- It reduces momentum costs for Demon Hunter skills to 1M while Darkness Flame is active.

Drawbacks:
- It consumes FP by 5%, doubling the amount per round elapsed. Kind of like Ki Awoken, but consuming FP instead. If you run out of FP, Darkness Flame will slowly start to drain away HP instead.
- It reduces the user's HP/FP healing while Darkness Flame is active by 95%. (To prevent Dullahan getting chain stunned.)
- It has a 3 round cooldown, which means, you can't turn it off on a whim, different from Ki Awoken.

Does it have counterplay?:
- Hexer's Strangling Etacof.
- Spellthief's Focus Steal.
- Greenscale Tunic.
- Healing.

The reason is that frustration is getting bigger, at how Monk is the only class that gets Shonen love. I want to have my 'It's time to let er' rip', but with the most stylish class in the game. Maybe stack Darkness Flame over Ki Awoken and become the embodiment of a living time bomb? It sure would be fun to play as that. Other ideas are welcome, though.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
From the moment I saw it, I loved Darkness flame. I know Kinu is meant to be a special snowflake, but she already gets enough of that wither her 0 FP cost combos, and special combos, her three class skills (Using dragon gale as a DH tho), her super DH skills (Her cobra for instance) and a lot of other stuff we don't even get to touch as DHs.

It's time DH got some new skills too, because right now, there's basically two ways to play it. Reaver/Cobra dodger, or Reaver/Matador tank. Desperado gets very little love as an existing stance, except for by magic gunners, who almost have to rely on MG/DH (buff guns when)

Kunai's suggestions are fine by me. It has drawbacks, quite beefy ones too, it has counterplay as we all know our resident Cobra loves, and it's something that already exists.

I'm all up for DH getting new skills, always. Now pull our DEVil trigger on this one.
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: mQMYHlv.png]
I don't know where it'd fit but uhh, I got a couple of ideas to help flesh it out better:

-Remove the FP De-gen, as well as the regen and healing nerfs.

-Don't make it +10 stats, death knighting on steroids is not fun to fight against, +5 is fine.

-Cause the user to gain 10-15% Life Steal on physical damage (Similar to legume passive)

-Cause the user to be marked as possessed.

-Also plz let the animation just be a black bolt falling on you, that'd be cool asf.

Some ideas to help balance the idea that I'll throw in.
For some reason, just for theme reasons I think undead might fit more than possessed. I know possessed implies balance, but then it'd have a null effect against spirit users, since they're already marked as possessed. Though, undead would cause the same issue for vampires and I'm pretty sure they don't stack.
Its not like holy does extra damage to undead + possessed at the same time, and there are certain things like Legend Extensions and Curate's Antithesis as well.
Yeah the damage doesn't stack on them, which saves that being an issue. Also, thinking back on it possessed makes more sense than undead; maybe stick some flavor reasons onto the skill just for extra oomf.