Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tarnada
Seeing people get instantly gibbed by builds centered around this sword is still increasingly frustrating to watch.

I'd suggest making the Vydel cast from Tarnada be a spell seperate from an Evoker's Vydel, that way it does not gain Charge Mind/Greaper and Talvyd bonuses, that'd be the best solution to this sword's biggest problem.
[strike]Just get the damage capped at 250 if the effect comes from Tarnada.[/strike]

Disregard this. This thing is an absurd. You need to have a very, very specific setup to counter it. And when this is paired with stuff like Oracles, who can't miss a basic hit like ever, it really becomes a case of "25% chance to end the fight in one sidecut". This can get petty as hell, because after the tornado, you take a butt-load damage and get knocked down.

Can Silence stop the Vydel effect from Tarnada, at the very least?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
The way Tarnada is right now pigeonholes you into going Kensei/Evoker with an offhand tome, which just leads to the ridiculous combination of Charge Mind and attack until you trigger the free Vydel.

So I think it would be best if Tarnada's effect was it's own thing that can't get bonuses like Charge Mind but on the flipside counts the Tarnada as a valid casting tool for the Tarnada's spell so you don't need a Tome for the effect to be worthwhile.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
"Slydria" Wrote:The way Tarnada is right now pigeonholes you into going Kensei/Evoker with an offhand tome, which just leads to the ridiculous combination of Charge Mind and attack until you trigger the free Vydel.

So I think it would be best if Tarnada's effect was it's own thing that can't get bonuses like Charge Mind but on the flipside counts the Tarnada as a valid casting tool for the Tarnada's spell so you don't need a Tome for the effect to be worthwhile.
I think this is fair.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
I've changed it to where you don't get the Charge Mind or Greaper boost if you are casting it from Tarnada.

EDIT: Tarnada is also a casting tool specifically for Vydel so you don't need a tome anymore.
Oh cool, thats a pretty good change, thank you.
:RAISED_HANDS:
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
...and now charge mind doesn't work with Vydel at all, Tarnada or not Tarnada.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
If there's a bug, please post a bug report after reading the sticky in the bug reports forum.
http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...amp;t=6376