Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Que] Ripple Dimension
When testing Ripple Dimension, I found it doesn't behave at all how I assumed it would, and wanted to check if its current function is intended.

Right now, if you have Ripple Dimension equipped and summon a Yokai such that Impact Call hits an enemy, a stack of the buff that reduces momentum cost is added to the character, and applied immediately. That means that summoning a Yokai with no stacks of this buff will still only cost 2 momentum:

[Image: s9NEP6q.gif]

From here, the Ripple Dimension buff will increase in level as more Yokai are summoned, up to its cap. However, because the repeat action penalty applies to summoning, every single cast of summon costs an additional momentum (3m, 4m, 5m, etc). This is counterbalanced by the increasing level of Ripple Dimension, meaning the cost of summoning effectively stays at 2, until the cap for Ripple Dimension is reached. For example:

[Image: Ty47u5b.gif]

Once the Ripple Dimension cap was hit, the last Yokai cost 3 momentum to summon, instead of 2. With more Momentum to work with, the next would cost 4, then 5, and so on.

The way I read the skill, I expected the costs to be 3m -> 2m -> 1m -> 1m. In reality, it's 2m -> 2m -> 2m -> 3m. Because Ripple Dimension comes into effect on the first Yokai summoned (despite the buff not being active), and because each summon suffers from the repeat action penalty, it ends up like the latter, instead. Is this behavior intentional?
It is not, I'll have to figure out a solution to make it work the way you thought it would, as that was the intended function.
Is it possible to exempt specific abilities from the repeat action penalty? Old invocations used to be, if I recall correctly. Having Ripple Dimension apply only after Summon Yokai resolves, and removing the repeat action penalty on summoning, should cause this to function as intended.

(so long as the game doesn't think Summon Yokai costs 0m at 3 stacks)
The easiest way to try and adjust it was to remove repeat action penalties for it, yeah. We'll see if that has any other unfortunate implications, though I think it should be fine.