Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stacked Deck
Create Shade will swap you randomly to a ghost if you have Shuffle toggled on. However, the center ghost created is not a valid target for Shuffle -- the Spellthief will always be teleported to one of the three surrounding ghosts, and never the original. To illustrate:

[Image: GYZufGM.png]

The ghost highlighted in red was never the real caster over the course of 100 casts of Create Shade, unless they toggled Shuffle off. Based on the reading of the spell this sounds like it might be intentional, and I was wondering if it was. My assumption is that the spell, mechanically, spawns the three outer shades then picks one at random to swap you (the center shade) with. In doing so, the center will never be the caster.

For reference, here's the description of Create Shade and Shuffle:

[Image: 3iErPHv.png]

[Image: IDe5lvv.png]

Is the center illusion supposed to be a valid swapping target when Shuffle is active?
Honestly? I like it the way it is, which gives me the control to decide if I actually want to be one of those three, or remain the same ghost on the same position. (and yes I know it would still be possible but the chances sink to 25% instead of 33%)
Yeah, I do believe it is intentional.