Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expanding Builds
Martial Artist alone shouldn't have spells in their kit. You can't cast fist, unless you're a Boxer and a dank meme. For a Verglas rework I'd rather see them 'kick' more ass, and actually do damage for their fancy, over the top combos. Or somehow have skills that combo with other Verglas, since their lore says that they're supposed to go the team-working style of combat. And that often they fight together in pairs, one covering the weaknesses of the other.

And well, it does make sense. Monk is the Hybrid with support/tank/damage/recovery, but not specializing on any role. Boxer is raw damage to everything. Verglas should be a class more focused on debuffing enemies and supporting allies, or maybe even soccer kicking enemies towards others for them to auto-chain a skill of their favored tree?

Like... Just brainstorming. Imagine a Verglas duo, now imagine them lined, and then one uses Cold Front, kicking a Goblin towards the other Verglas-- And then, when the Goblin hits the allied Verglas, they automatically face the enemy and have the current attacker's turn given to them for a combo. Like a momentum transfer-ish gimmick.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Spellthieves being able to steal any of these skills wouldn't ever be a problem. That said; I would love to see these changes although like Shujin said, this doesn't make much sense with Verglas lore and Expanding Ice coupled with Aquarian Boosts/High SWA would be pretty nuts to see.
If they become spells, they can be stolen. If that sounds imbalanced to you, then don't make them spells. Simple as that.

That being said, I'd rather wait for Dev to give them a touchup. As it stands, turning them into spells will just make Verglas a Mage Subclass more than anything else.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye