Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Kensei Rework]
I don't particularly like Tekagen, due to being able to lean back, or begin to run around, and just getitng to go "lolololregennnn"
50% STR + 50% SKI comes out to 30/2 + 60/2 = 45 base damage. Add in a masterwork
rockdirt wo dao's 14 power for 59 damage, and the rank bonus of 15 at rank 5, for a total
of 74 damage.

Then factor in the average monster having 30 DEF, and you're right down to a miniscule
44 damage.

At least with 100% SKI scaling, it would be 60 + 14 + 15 = 89 base damage. It would still
be reduced to 59 or so, but at least it's a little better, especially now that they can crit.

The point is, a Kensei's primary stat is SKI, and that's what should be used for their
damage.

And as for Tekagen and trying to kite and regen, there're quite a lot of gap closers and
ranged attacks that make that less viable outside of PvE.
30 STR is not ideal for a Kensei, in fact it's not ideal for pretty much any melee focused character.

You'd definitely want around 45+ STR for a Level 60 Kensei which isn't a hard ask for a dedicated one since they do come with 30% STR growth (which is only 10% less than their 'primary stat' of SKI).

I think it's fair to say that Kensei is not only for SKI and a Kensei that focuses solely on SKI should not be rewarded with high damage along with high accuracy and high critical rate.

If we change things to make it so only SKI is valuable then what is the point of them having STR growth to begin with?
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Then give them 50% of it please. There needs to be a 50% STR class to balance against Evoker's 50% WIL.
Or well, you could you know sub a STR class and use a STR talent?
50/50 is kind of reasonable although I would prefer 75% STR and 25% SKI, SKI isn't that hard of a stat to come across.