Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warnings
Currently, being given a warning looks like this:

[Image: 74be10c461477ca2ac7cdf63bee8e54e-png.jpg]

They're very easily missed unless you're paying attention, and even sometimes if you are, particularly if you're grinding and battle text fills your screen before you have a chance to really see that you've been warned.

For the sake of everyone involved, can we make warnings flash the window or maybe give a popup to click to acknowledge that you've seen it?
[Image: themoreyoulearnandshit.gif]
[Image: 0jEzoZe.png]
Making it in a big red bold font would work well I think. Maybe a spooky sound effect to go with it like the admin bwoiks on SS13
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
Cough, Blue Truth, cough.

:eyes:
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
IT currently doesn't mesh very well when alongside the OOC, a different color is good, but also maybe a line break or even some "-------" to sort of separate them, and make it discernible, I agree fully.
How bout the old 'Xelyxos' sound effect? No?
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
I could see a pop up window coming up for a moment on it working when a warning is done for it, or something of the sort honestly; I've had plenty of moments where i'm doing other things and I miss any notifications, but something similar to when someone sends you a trade or party invite. A small window that informs you when a GM notice is given and a 'OK' button to press to close it out after.
How about a login message that appears for every warning you've ever gotten, along with a date. That way you don't miss a warning, and you're constantly reminded not to break the rules every time you log in.

Received warning 8/2/18: "[insert description of warning]"
"Yark" Wrote:How about a login message that appears for every warning you've ever gotten, along with a date. That way you don't miss a warning, and you're constantly reminded not to break the rules every time you log in.

Received warning 8/2/18: "[insert description of warning]"

Sounds intrusive and is per key-to-key basis, rather than for the player, so overall it'd be ineffective to the many players who have more than 2 or 3 keys.