Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Shopkeepers Keybound
Hello,

I recently made a donation and purchased an NPC shopkeeper. I'm very happy with being able to do this, but I have three characters on my key who all have items I'd like to sell. Only the character who placed the shopkeeper seems to be able to open its management window, and I can't use a friend to trade the items over because of the anti-twinking system (despite the fact that they've all completed at least one legend extension).

My suggestion is that the shopkeeper should belong to a BYOND key, and not to a character.
The shop keeper to my knowledge was set to work as it does to prevent people from twinking in general. If multiple characters could access it than it would either resolve in the way of either taking murai on said character, or putting a item you want on the other up at a high amount; and then simply withdrawal it on a different character, which I imagine is something is trying to be dodged exactly; if there a way to keep such from happening? I could see it working out well potentially.
"Dezark" Wrote:The shop keeper to my knowledge was set to work as it does to prevent people from twinking in general. If multiple characters could access it than it would either resolve in the way of either taking murai on said character, or putting a item you want on the other up at a high amount; and then simply withdrawal it on a different character, which I imagine is something is trying to be dodged exactly; if there a way to keep such from happening? I could see it working out well potentially.
People who want to twink will still do it, and I think you and I both know how. But that said, all three characters on my key have already legend extended at least once. It's just silly that they can't all access the shopkeeper.
It being bound to a key will probably cause more problems than solve it. The solution to your problem is simply remove your items from it, before trading the shopkeeper between your alts.

Also, Legend Extending means nothing more than being allowed to use 10* items without the LV50+ requirement. If your intention was to give your items to another alt, via shopkeeper, then it's fair the game is not allowing you to.

And finally. You're right. Blocking alt trading (Twinking rule) is silly, but necessary, according to Dev. You might want to refer to previous discussions done in http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...amp;t=3876 this here and http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...amp;t=1045, if you have any questions that need to be answered.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Snake" Wrote:It being bound to a key will probably cause more problems than solve it. The solution to your problem is simply remove your items from it, before trading the shopkeeper between your alts.

Also, Legend Extending means nothing more than being allowed to use 10* items without the LV50+ requirement. If your intention was to give your items to another alt, via shopkeeper, then it's fair the game is not allowing you to.

And finally. You're right. Blocking alt trading (Twinking rule) is silly, but necessary, according to Dev. You might want to refer to previous discussions done in http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...amp;t=3876 this here and http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...amp;t=1045, if you have any questions that need to be answered.
Actually my intention is to sell the items that I find on all three of my characters without needing three different shopkeepers. The twinking rule exists to prevent people from decking out their fresh level 1 friends in top gear, or doing the same to a new alt they just made. The fact that all three of my characters have legend extended means they're not fresh alts and already have great gear; twinking is not an issue that concerns them.
Bump, because this is still a massive pain in the ass.
"Neus" Wrote:3 - Twinking is expressly forbidden. The following acts are classified as twinking.:
  • A) Transferring any items and/or any amount of Murai to a different character you play.
    • A2) Having a proxy transfer items to or from characters played by the same person still violates this rule and in this case, both players will be punished.

The Twinking rule expressively states that you can't trade between alts. Exception D (See: 'if you are level 55+ or legend extended at least once....') applies to B, not A. The only exception towards A is Exception C (See: submitting an RP-based alt trade to a GM), which you clearly aren't gunning for.

The Shopkeeper was a pretty blatant workaround to the anti-twinking system for a long time, hence why you can't shuffle it around as easily anymore. There is no reason why we need to suddenly handwave that because you feel like selling loot from multiple characters on one Shopkeeper, be it with or without IC reasoning. Especially when you have two alternatives:

1. Utilize the Marketplace forum to peddle items from your other characters
2. Acquire more Shopkeepers, and potentially monopolize
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Solution seems pretty simple to me. Allow any character on that key to place items into the shop, but only allow them to withdraw items which they had originally listed.

With regard to exploits having been addressed with past changes to shopkeeper mechanics, they have not. You can simply list an item and purchase it on any other character.
"Yark" Wrote:Solution seems pretty simple to me. Allow any character on that key to place items into the shop, but only allow them to withdraw items which they had originally listed.

With regard to exploits having been addressed with past changes to shopkeeper mechanics, they have not. You can simply list an item and purchase it on any other character.

That only holds true for non-stackable items (Food, crafting supplies, etc.), the types that do not have character IDs attached to them, equipment cannot be bought from your own character.
"Spoops" Wrote:
"Yark" Wrote:Solution seems pretty simple to me. Allow any character on that key to place items into the shop, but only allow them to withdraw items which they had originally listed.

That only holds true for non-stackable items (Food, crafting supplies, etc.), the types that do not have character IDs attached to them, equipment cannot be bought from your own character.
I literally just purchased a frost collar before writing that post, to test. Maybe I found the one piece of equipment in the game exempt from this rule.