Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rant about nonexistent synergy between Gunner Mage and the rest of the archer classes
"insert long angry rant about the nonexistent synergy" '

"insert long rant about all the guns being weak compared to the rarity 1 handgun" (they can have better critical chance or hit but that dosen't help much if the damage is 25-50% less than the handgun)

and it would be nice if we didin't need to drop 10 skill points into shotgun to make it at least as good as the rarity 1 handgun

"insert long rant about there being no effective combat skills that use guns" just debuffs or the parting shot wich is nice and good

how to improve the synergy?
- Maybe make the arbalest able to use a shotgun or some other gun in its skills too with the proper modifications that would feel nice

i cannot think anything more constructive in the middle of the night any suggestions?
Personally, if you build around it, Arbalest CAN use guns as secondaries. But I see where you're coming from. If any class should synnergise with MG it should be Ranger. It's literally magic archer. But also a counter argument is that MG on it's own is so overloaded that it doesen't need any other class synnergies to function just fine. Now the scaling on gun weapons is a valid point. But all that's really needed is just better effects on the higher rarity guns so there's a balance of low rarity focusing raw power while high rarity focuses effects like with every other weapon type.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
While I do feel that MG is a bit lackluster on it; there are a majority of weapons that still work well together. I've seen plenty of Ranger/MG build combos that work well and do what the purpose is; and it is very much possible on that. The most I can say is honestly working around this is to test builds and weapons them-self, there are a multitude of weapons you can mutate into a gun that work well in turn (Narcus for example, you still keep it charge effect AND it works with shells as well). Beyond for that guns are designed to be a 'high ski/hit basic attack' type deal with shells adding onto your damage and debuffs with it own effects in one way or another. That at least my two cents on the matter at hand.
True, scaling on the guns is wacky but if you start buffing them they go from decent/good (after upgrades of course but what doesn't become good after all the upgrades?) to insane probably. but yeah higher rarity guns need something to make them be worth the upgrade to them. and someone make the Yang and Yings skill cost 3 momentum or at least able to get the criticals and momentum buff to decrease the mt cost down from 5 (if its still that havent tested it again after seeing it being complete carbage. without building your entire build around that single skill that is)

grindylows are a bitch to deal with when only the corvis cannon is the only thing you have that makes them fly. make the fortune winds damage effect able to be cast with double or more the FP cost in one move maybe a cooldown too if cast like that? if its possible to modify the spell that much

"insert rant about not wanting to use bows as a gunner mage when you already have guns etc." just feels like to have to use the bows in combination with the guns makes your already limited talent points even more divided.

but yeah would be nice if guns could be used for something in the archer class tree other than just as a sidearm
I think the problem is that unlike bows, guns aren't a archery only weapon.

Magic gunner/Demon hunter always works well.

And so does Ranger/Demon hunter as a gun user.
Would be nice if we got a weapon that counted as a bow and a gun. Hell more hybrid weapons in general would be nice.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
Bow-gun you say? I smell crossbows... But that's for another thread maybe. Meantime, yeah some classes lack synnergy with eachother like bonder and Grand Summoner, Engineer and the rogue promos, Boxer and M.A. Promos. But with the way the game is designed, you can pick the synnergising classes however you please. Which is why I don't see as big an issue with MG not synnergising with other archer classes easily. Even so, these classes each have SOMETHING with eachother. Synchro summon from bonder going well with summoning lots of youkai with GS, or youkai tamer and Bonders basic attack skills. Engineer and the hit buff invisible weapon from spelltheif or ignite engine in VA. Boxer and Ki Awoken or the passive stats from Verglas. And MG with the skill buff from Arbalest or heavy tackle. Or Ranger's rain traps and a well placed Celsius shell.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
laughs in Shotgun.

Seriously, the only real issues are multishots. I have proof that mg synergizes with other archer classes. In fact, I have a char built around it.

I also have a mg/dh shotgunner who can shit out reasonably nice damage.

As for Mage, just use everyone else's fall back. Hexer.

I agree, guns are bad. But, you can make em work in niche and hilarious ways, it just takes experimenting.

Also, fucking nerf excel rifle when.
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: mQMYHlv.png]
Excel rifle isn't that bad, its got low asf scaling and is out done by other single shot guns, like moonlight mercy.

That said, multi shot guns are absolutely just unusable right now, but thats for another thread.