Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC]Lets Make It Happen! Resource&Brainstorming
Recently Ive seen alot of people finding themselves bored of their normal Rp considering there's not alot the players can do with the current Lore system of SL2 right now. So I thought why not see if I'm not the only one willing to try and help people spice up their RP. What better way than with a collaborative Rp brainstorming and resource group to bring it to the people who might not have the time or the paitence or creactive spirit at the time. Alot of the stuff planned and brainstormed here will possibly need GM permission or comfirmation before it can be just used in the game. Also can we not do anything like you know taking the ideas and trying to do them alone, it will only end up souring the potential of the idea and possibly cause alot of saltiness if not executed properly. Afterall, this would be to make things more interesting for as many of the other players as possible, not just ones that you may or even maynot like on an ooc level.

So with that said I'd like to keep the responses to this as positive and uncontroversial as possible. You dont have to pretend to like people here but please dont pick fights with them as if you even do respond, you'd probably have mostly the same goal in mind; to have fun and pull more people in to have fun with.

So without further adieu. Here's what I have and I'm expecting to get even more ideas form you guys. I might open a poll when enough event ideas get posted. Tell me what sounds nice and what sounds horrible and why. I might even make a skype group if enough people want to help out. My skype is Tells09 My byond keys are HoboCat and RoboCat.

Happy Positive Event/Eventchain ideas:
Cinema!-Coming from Karaten a travelling theatre! Using very expensive technology and well-done illusion magics the rare gift of cinematics is presented to the world!(I have a good idea of how this would work and think the template would be easy to create, only it would be in my opinion, difficult to convery into RP)

Neutral Event/Eventchain ideas:
Merchandice?- A mysterious merchant(s?) travels the world looking for anyone willing to buy his/her even more mysterious wares! From cursed and stolen technology to lucky charms and voodo trinkets. There's no telling what he/she may or may not have the next time you see them, if you ever do again!(Simple really most of the stuff would be IC for IC effects and things of that nature. It wouldn't be hard to come up with some awesome ideas with more than one head on the idea.)

Potentially controversial Event/Eventchain ideas:
Geistritters?- A mysterious group of hunters scour the land in search of one thing. The spiritually possessed! Seeing any and all ghosts aspotential remnants they seek to purify all possessed being and possed objects. Their only exception being Liches, considering that they are made of natural life energy instead of using the energy of others.(meh)

Vampire hunters?- Some people never learn. Some people are raised into the hatred. Either way, it results in dangerous people so overtaken with an ideal that they resort to pure violence. Considering the vast difference in the behavior of vampires, These vampire hunters could be considered some of those people. Maybe they're out to punish those who 'abuse' Hugussoa's 'gift' maybe they know many afflicted against their will, whatever the reason, their actions will always stand taller than the words they use to explain themselves. They hunt and kill vampires.(This is a slippery slope and would need some good roleplayers to work out even remotely. Period.)

00d B@113r$- Through laplace a mysterious group of criminals will literally do almost anything they think they can get away with for a price. Notorious for their information gathering it's believed that they are all ex-detectives who U-turned away from the morales they once stood for in finding truth and justice. To them there is no black or white. Only murai and information.(This is also a slippery slope anything concerning it would have to be carefully planend to avoid accidental metagaming on the roleplayer's parts. The roleplayers as in everyone involved.)

Those however were just my ideas. If I were at home I'm sure I'd remember the much longer list I had before. It was much more interesting. Anyway remember, I'm expecting you guys to post little ideas you might need help with too. The main thing needed here is communication.

TD;LR
Hey! Lets to Rp stuff with each-other! Only without ooc bullcrap and the spontaneous nub-attacks, we could all coordinate some player-made events pretty well I think so if you're interested let me know below and give some ideas you might want to share.
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]
Just my own idea because why not?

Mechanation virus - more of a broad idea then something specific, some strange affliction (probably somewhat magical in nature, maybe some sort of rogue, self duplicating enchantment, that tries to superimpose it self on mechanation?) causing an effect. depends on there being a wealth of mechanation players willing to go along with it. spreading by proximity to the infected.

Either like a normal virus, causing symptoms that you would expect from a flu or cold, nothing too life threatening. Make the mechanations know what it's like to be sick and miserable. sounds like the more boring of the two, but still potentially interesting

-or

something like the Maverick/Sigma/Zero virus from mega man x. Altering how they act and think. except less homicidal/genocidal/Omnicidal I don't think many people would enjoy that RP. Maybe to complete a collective purpose, like constructing, impeding or destroying something. Or maybe compel them to do more personal things, like to actively stop and avoid doing what ever their original reason for creation was, obsessively pursue a single goal(depending on the mechanation). Also it could just be a rule they have to follow, although that borders more on just being silly then interesting RP

Anyone that really just doesn't want to play along can just say they are immune to the virus or whatever, with out too much harm to the RP. theoretically

And of course eventually we may want to have a cure of some kind released, down the line.