Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mechanics: STR, Battle Weight and Knockdown
"Yark" Wrote:Spoops, I also disagree that your Ghost scenario would be overpowered. You can build to effectively counter anything in this game, and it's essentially a 20-way rock-paper-scissors. I've got 84% fire resistance on my tower mage. Is that overpowered? ;b

I'm sorry I mistook this as a serious thread then.

Aside from that, the character I use as an example can be an extremely standard build, its just a STR Build with a sword who autohits people, and thats a pretty common and easy build to do, I'm pretty sure there are like five or six more like it, and it among similar builds would quickly become one of the most annoying builds to face in the game, not being able to CC them temporarily to stop their shenanigans would become a huge upset, all based on RNG.
"Spoops" Wrote:
"Yark" Wrote:Spoops, I also disagree that your Ghost scenario would be overpowered. You can build to effectively counter anything in this game, and it's essentially a 20-way rock-paper-scissors. I've got 84% fire resistance on my tower mage. Is that overpowered? ;b

I'm sorry I mistook this as a serious thread then.

Aside from that, the character I use as an example can be an extremely standard build, its just a STR Build with a sword who autohits people, and thats a pretty common and easy build to do, I'm pretty sure there are like five or six more like it, and it among similar builds would quickly become one of the most annoying builds to face in the game, not being able to CC them temporarily to stop their shenanigans would become a huge upset, all based on RNG.

There's no need to be snarky just because I don't agree that a chance to resist knockdown is overpowered. Of course there are many RNG-based elements already, including chance to hit, chance to critical and chance to inflict status. It's the nature of MMO combat.
"Yark" Wrote:There's no need to be snarky just because I don't agree that a chance to resist knockdown is overpowered. Of course there are many RNG-based elements already, including chance to hit, chance to critical and chance to inflict status. It's the nature of MMO combat.
Turn based combat, actually. But yeah, if this is too strong, then why don't we instead focus on making knockdown less of an 'I win' button?
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
"Raigen.Convict" Wrote:
"Yark" Wrote:There's no need to be snarky just because I don't agree that a chance to resist knockdown is overpowered. Of course there are many RNG-based elements already, including chance to hit, chance to critical and chance to inflict status. It's the nature of MMO combat.
Turn based combat, actually. But yeah, if this is too strong, then why don't we instead focus on making knockdown less of an 'I win' button?

We have been, knockdown isnt an I win button anymore, we have shit like on guard to balance that out.
A single turn of on gaurd, where most likely the opponent isn't gonna need to use it since they denied you that momentum and has the lead, but then right after that turn, boom, they do it again... Still a fairly spammable I win button.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
"Spoops" Wrote:We have been, knockdown isnt an I win button anymore, we have shit like on guard to balance that out.

There's certain combos that make it a I Win button, knockdown isn't inherently overpowered.

For example
Faster magic gunners can typically get a AOE knockdown every time from across the map and On Guard does nothing for that since they reload their guns anyways. Even worse is when DH is splashed in with free movement.

Which is basically 3m vs 9m every other turn.

Or a monk spamming knockdownkai(Kadouhai.) with DH to move away when there's trouble.

Only a MA negates that, and not everyone's a MA. On Guard for 2 or more turns would help with that.
[Image: 2q2h99x.jpg]