Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Additions to the Flee Rules
I don't think you're understanding my contention, so this conversation isn't going to get us anywhere.
If you're willing to talk about it, I'm willing to listen to which points of mine you disagree with, and why. I'm not opposed to an argument as long as it's constructive and we address each other's points. Ultimately, we still have a disagreement currently and issues will still arise between your group and those who disagree with you as long as that sort of thing is still unaddressed. Considering your group's publicity, it'd be better to talk of it now as opposed to mid-conflict. However, I'd prefer to discuss such in a different thread, since I don't want to distract this thread from what it was created for any longer.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Enough with the talking about whether the situation was metagame or not. That's not the point of the thread so kindly keep things on topic.

This whole situation has brought out a lot of toxic behavior and frankly if people can't discuss things without being inflammatory about it, it's time for me to start busting out forum warnings.

As for the topic at hand, I'm very reluctant to change the 2 party rule, once again due to concerns over people who just happen to show up the moment shit hits the fan and I can't trust that those people are here for the right reasons but it's also difficult to prove that those people are here because of metagame which is why I can't exactly go around slapping people just because I suspect they're not supposed to be here and solve things that way.

I can't say I agree with the making them have to tough it out through the first fight either, even if it is a heavily guarded spot like Cellsvich, victory shouldn't be the only path to surviving.

I do agree with to a degree here that fleeing shouldn't mean they get to automatically save the downed members... But having it so there's no check for that instance doesn't feel right. I'm discussing with the other GMs how we can do this without it being a no-save situation.

(The current consideration is making it a choice for the fleeing party. Either they abandon them and the rest get away without issue or they try to rescue them and have to make a flee roll, success would mean they rescue them and all manage to escape, failure would mean the party they fled from manages to catch up and both sides will have to re-engage the fight excluding downed members on both sides.)
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
SO what if both sides have downed, will that mean it would be like a 3v3 reenage then? That's stupid, it heavily favors fast and high cel characters and they already have so much power as it is.
"Slydria" Wrote:(The current consideration is making it a choice for the fleeing party. Either they abandon them and the rest get away without issue or they try to rescue them and have to make a flee roll, success would mean they rescue them and all manage to escape, failure would mean the party they fled from manages to catch up and both sides will have to re-engage the fight excluding downed members on both sides.)

Sounds good to me, so long as we can also capture downed players. Might make people think twice about trying to dogpile.
The flee roll I'm referring means the out of combat one and not the flee command in battle:

For out of combat fleeing, opposing d20 rolls are used for each group involved, in addition to modifiers based on the group size and the location.

(Basically, it's Attacking party's d20 + [Party Size Modifier] vs Running party's d20 + [Party Size Modifer] + [Location and Condition Modifiers])

(Quoted from here: http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...amp;t=6498)

Otherwise, in this case, if the attackers had a downed member and the fleeing side had a downed member, it would be turned into a 3v3 rematch.

As for capturing, I'll discuss that further with other GMs. I'm not sure how to handle the opposite foot at this point, I agree that something should be in place to both actually add consequence to the other side failing and discourage dogpiling, capturing may not be possible depending on the situation at hand but I'll see how the others feel about this.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Maybe add the flee rules somewhere on the Wiki or in-game so that you don't ban people who don't know shit about it hmmmm?
"Kensaii" Wrote:Maybe add the flee rules somewhere on the Wiki or in-game so that you don't ban people who don't know shit about it hmmmm?

While this man is quite salty he does bring up a valid point. Many of the rules are spread out over the forums and not all in one place. Would be nice to have them in one easily referable place.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]