Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Additions to the Flee Rules
"Kensai" Wrote:It's utter bullshit that 20+ people can't fight a group of 4 people. 4 groups vers 1 is stupid too and they should al split up based on how many people are there so it's 4v1.

Also who cares if a group loses since another group can pull them back and heal them up so the same group should be able to fight them after another group engages them, or even during and switch people around.

Also NPCs should be allowed in this fight so the npc guards should be able to join in the fights even if its a 4v4.
That's not taking into consideration that a fight that lasts an hour in real time would take ten minutes in-character, and the time to hear about a fight and travel to its destination could take an hour in-character but happen five-minutes in real time. Server mobbing and dogpiling is an issue that needs to be addressed in this kind of roleplay environment.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
If you're going to be criminals it's your fault and should be prepared accordingly. Also magic is probably used to communicate to guards so that doesn't make sense.
I do not mind major settlements to be defended much but I do agree that 4 groups are just way too much time forced on someone.

Anothe rissue I have with this is: Each group engaging on the good side is like getting instantly rescued, that shouldn't be a thing. Rescue attempt should happen at the end of an scene, it's not like the antagonist couldn't hold them hostage or literally kill, logically speaking. Sure I know people should also be able to swarm the four more easily, isntead of two seperate fights, but the opposite of them atleast needing to wait till the conclusion of the second fight before they can be Rescued/Healed, should be also true.

Besides that I do not have much of an Opinion about this, except for people fleeing, leaving the downed allies behind, that much should be common sense.
"Kensai" Wrote:If you're going to be criminals it's your fault and should be prepared accordingly. Also magic is probably used to communicate to guards so that doesn't make sense.
I would like clarification on this response. How I'm currently reading it is that criminals should be prepared for the fact that time is disjointed when compared from in-character to out-of-character, which itself is silly, since the argument that more groups should be able to attack antagonists is largely rooted in the "it makes sense ICly" territory. It makes just as much sense for people not to be able to show up ten minutes in-character during a fight that lasts an hour or so out-of-character.

Edit: Rewrote some of my sentences to be more clear.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Show me the rules with how long rounds last, rounds last like 6 seconds like dnd and magic communication doesn't take long either, also if your a criminal your attacking and can set time aside to attack. Duh?

Also there's magic teleportation and stuff so Guards doesn't take long to show up in a fight and how can you say if someone wasn't already nearby when a battle happens.
"Kensai" Wrote:Show me the rules with how long rounds last, rounds last like 6 seconds like dnd and magic communication doesn't take long either, also if your a criminal your attacking and can set time aside to attack. Duh?

Also there's magic teleportation and stuff so Guards doesn't take long to show up in a fight and how can you say if someone wasn't already nearby when a battle happens.

If we go by d&d rules, 6 seconds is literally nothing.

20 whole rounds of everybody going a turn would only equal 2 minutes, literally no time to RPly mount any response by anything not immediately in the area.
Munch
Please keep it relevant to the topic. Response times has nothing to do with flee rules, or how to improve them.
"MakeshiftWalrus" Wrote:Please keep it relevant to the topic. Response times has nothing to do with flee rules, or how to improve them.

Except it is relevant?
It takes 5 rounds to flee a battle.
How many parties and battles should be involved?
Currently 2, you're wanting to double that.

More improtantly, the fleeing rules are meant as a last resort for when roleplay isint mutally agreed upon. So the goal should be to encourage roleplay to begin with, which a clear understanding of the passage of time ICly would help foster.
Munch
"Kensai" Wrote:Show me the rules with how long rounds last, rounds last like 6 seconds like dnd and magic communication doesn't take long either, also if your a criminal your attacking and can set time aside to attack. Duh?

"Kensai" Wrote:If you're going to be criminals it's your fault and should be prepared accordingly. Also magic is probably used to communicate to guards so that doesn't make sense.
"Kensai" Wrote:It's utter bullshit that 20+ people can't fight a group of 4 people. 4 groups vers 1 is stupid too and they should al split up based on how many people are there so it's 4v1.

Also who cares if a group loses since another group can pull them back and heal them up so the same group should be able to fight them after another group engages them, or even during and switch people around.

Also NPCs should be allowed in this fight so the npc guards should be able to join in the fights even if its a 4v4.
fuck man thats one toxic view point, why don't you go try ss13 or something, apply for the job of shitsec, it sounds perfect for you.

you realize people aren't being antagonists to play against you, it isn't an us vs them team game. People are being antagonists for you, to make the game fun for you.

If everytime someone tried to be antagonisticfor a small group to fight against and got mobbed by half the server, well it won't be satisfying for anyone in the end. The antagonist should be able to flee multiple times or allow you to live multiple times, multiple engagements and events over time build tension and story.
The server rules do state quite clearly that enforcing metagaming is difficult to do for a variety of reasons. Still, it would be nice if this sort of thing was role-played a bit better.

As an example, not too long ago we confronted a full party of four inside a BDP for a fight. Relaxed Ponytail role-played escaping to get help, while his other three party members bravely sacrificed themselves to us in combat. This is excellent, and he didn't even use an alga plume.

By contrast, yesterday evening we were all hanging out in Dormeho, fishing and diving and just chatting with a couple players who were also in the area. Out of nowhere the guards show up in a full party wanting to pick a fight. Nobody left the scene to notify guards, so very obviously what happened was out-of-game communication. Guards are easy to beat so I won't complain too much, but one would still expect guards to follow rules and role-play at least as well as normal players.