Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Additions to the Flee Rules
Note that despite being told that it was not OOC communication, and that a GM was given proof of such, which is all that matters, members of the grind group still insist that it was metagaming. A GM was watching over the whole thing, and would have stopped it if it were actually metagaming. But they didn't. Welcome to being a wanted criminal. If you can't tolerate dealing with the guards attacking you on imperial soil, you shouldn't do what you do, simple. I know your group will try to keep bringing up the metagaming idea, so I wanted to let everyone on the post know that the accusation doesn't have much weight, so they can see past that.

In other words, however, I'm in full support for the flee rules to become more weighted in favour of the heroes / guards in heavily guarded areas, like the fort, Cellsvich, and other towns, alongside the prospect of being downed stopping you from automatically escaping anyway if your team flees, because fleeing seems too easy for an antagonist in a place it should not be such a walk in the park for them.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
"WaifuApple" Wrote:Note that despite being told that it was not OOC communication, and that a GM was given proof of such,
You can go ahead and post it here. I remember everyone who was in the area, so I can confirm whether or not it was from a person who was physically present.

It's not that we can't tolerate being wanted by the guards. The guards are extremely weak compared to ordinary players like Joker. They're just a nuisance when we're trying to fish.
"Yark" Wrote:It's not that we can't tolerate being wanted by the guards. The guards are extremely weak compared to ordinary players like Joker. They're just a nuisance when we're trying to fish.

[Image: image0.jpg]

Bragging because you got lucky? Is that what I'm reading here?
[Image: unknown.png]
Nah. I'll DM it to people like Dev, and such, if they want to see the screenshot. Y'know, the people who actually have the power to call metagame or not metagame.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
"WaifuApple" Wrote:Nah. I'll DM it to people like Dev, and such, if they want to see the screenshot. Y'know, the people who actually have the power to call metagame or not metagame.
I figured this would be your response. You people are so transparent.
to be fair, for calling in guards I think you should have to get within 10 tiles of someone, then emote looking at them.

not just some screenshot of you from the corner of the screen, ignoring things like LOS from buildings.
If you were fishing in public, then people found you, they found you. You were literally in the second biggest imperial city. It’s not like you were in some abondoned cave or hidden forest. In regards to this rule change suggestion, I still rather keep it the way things are to avoid dogpiling, but to claim that people metagamed against you when you made the mistake of having your base in public and just being out in plain public is ignorant of the actual flow of IC communication. I showed up to the fight because I joined the bounty hunters. They showed up because the guard did, and the bounty was there to make it apparent. I’m heavily pro-villain; I enjoy villain roleplay and conflict. You just can’t accept you made a mistake.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
"Sawrock" Wrote:If you were fishing in public, then people found you, they found you.
Yeah I'm sure they just happened to find us while in a full party, without anyone leaving the area to tell them. What an amazing coincidence.

Guards will continue to pick fights with us, they will continue to lose, and they will continue to complain on the forums about broken game mechanics. But they can at least save some face by just being up front about metagaming.
Doesn't matter how or why you were in a city, you'll be discovered immediately, so obviously you'll be under attack by everyone, even I know that.
Your base was found. It was confirmed to be your base. People were hanging out in Cellsvich in-character (myself included). Some people were grouping up in Cellsvich to go to your bounty. We did, we went to Domreho, we attacked you. You were in public. Guards started the initial fight (as far as I'm aware) and are allowed minor communication (as the rules state), so they have a good reason to party up on their own. Everyone else was grouped together because of the notice and bounty. It did "just happen", that was literally it.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]