Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pvp with friends
I feel the game sorely needs an toggle option to allow mercenary/pet items( dog leash/barghest armor) to work in pvp

this would help
* facilitate Gms in their events where one actor can control a set of mobs with total control
* inspire more realistic guard interactions where a guard has their party + a handful of mook militia or special guard npcs that could be added
* allow antagonists to be true bandito captains.

Obviously rules for rp use would need to be written up as well such as
* no bandito/mercenaries in cities in rp scenarios
* Probably some rp excuse to blatantly ignore named mercs.
If this idea were implemented, it would be interesting, but chaotic, and people would probably be against it. I'd be fine with it if both sides of a team had to allow it for it to happen.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
While im in support of this, to play Youkai's Advocate here.
Would this step on Summoner's toes?
Munch
Not anymore than the basic inclusion of mercenaries, prisoners and these items in pve already does skim.

The way I see it working out, you'd be able to request with 'allies on' the requesters party, both parties, or 'no allies' in the request menu.

For serious RP pvp if both parties can't agree a gm if available would have to make the call. Guards should always be allowed to request fights with allies, and the same should be allowed for anyone roleplaying as a bandit on the worldmap/laws end.

I mean I'm also of the opinion the items should always work in pvp,but ..baby steps
Admittedly, there's also the problem of having to write up new rules for an idea like this, and the possibility of the inclusion of mercenaries in serious PvP dragging out battles even more so than they already are, and serious instances of a PvP battle already do seem to be rather long already.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity