Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moonlight spare me some Mercy
Moonlight Mercy's effect is over bearingly strong when paired with Quickdraw's many rounds, it makes it so that if you can crit someone they will die within 2 volleys of it, its incredibly oppressive to face should you not be prepared for it at all times, which honestly makes it a solid pick in any team fight because unless all 4 party members on the enemy team have some form of resistance to this, they will die horribly on round 1, especially when lead storm is taken into equation.

For these reasons I believe that we should finally change the interaction between the two, they've always been oppressive in the past, and have been brought up before for the very same reasons, here's what I'll enact once again:

The effect from Moonlight Mercy's crit effect should be at the very least split across rounds, or limited ONLY to the moonlight mercy, and not any sub-weapons.

This way when you're using a QD + Moonlight Mercy combo, you're not effectively gaining 8 * 24 * (Crit Modifier) damage.
The MLM/QD combo has always been over-bearing, even after guns lost a lot of power during the basic attack fix, and the culprit in the combo is MLM. It's been a problem child for a while now, to say the least, and this is coming from someone who plays an unhealthy amount of gunners.

I don't see a problem at all with Spo's suggested changes, especially considering a fair few guns have nice crit rates as it is, especially the QD.
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: mQMYHlv.png]
Split across rounds, or making it not affect 'Handguns' type is good enough for a fix.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
So you can do the same thing with spirit hunter instead? With this change it will likely still not effect double moonlight mercy so don't fret on that.
Oh right. Nah I just forgot Spirit Hunter exists, since nobody really uses it.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]