Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The cold now bothers me. (Ice Mod talk)
I have to say being a long time player that the monster buff was required, they were just to easy to cut through. However the newer Ice themed Mobs completely need a rethink on how their abilities work. Between the freeze and life drain, Also the 90% damage reduction and the overwhelming ice magic damage. They seem to be a bit too powerful compared to the rest of the mobs in the game.

I can not tell you how much of a pain it is to enter a fight and you get the mob with 90% damage reduction when it in the ground with a few ways to counter it (I would maybe add knock downs and pushing could , perhaps treat it as guard for guard breaking effects?). I would agree they need a set amount maybe DR = to level x 1% or maybe its more like ever ten levels they gain 10% DR, so level 80 is 80% DR. For the other mob that absorbs HP, I am not sure if it has a cap but it was able to absorb 350+ HP from me when I had only 50 left, was this intended, to allow them to Overdrain what I do not have?
To be fair, the ice dungeons were created for more advanced players, not for intermediate nor beginner players. They were intentionally designed to be tougher due to many users including myself saying that the dungeons were way too easy.

I think it's a good challenge for anyone who is experienced at builds, and require you to think more and be more on your toes. I don't think they really need a reduction at all.
Ingame, I am:

Matilda Perugia - A Karatynn.

WHAT IS A COFFEECCUBUS?

A type of "ccubus" that is a form of a succubus, but instead of feeding off of sexual energy, she feeds off of Coffee. She also is a morning person, so always expect your coffee to be made, with breakfast and your coffee pot being stolen or molested.
Well even if the case then could we not have the mobs spawn in any place but an Ice Cavern floor and full Dungeon, if they are fit for more experience players?
The Grindylows have been adjusted to 30+Level% reduction in the Trait Pack 2 update, which was discussed before. The only real concern is that they are overwhelming to deal with for low level characters who don't have as many options for this, but that should alleviate it.

Tyrants shouldn't be much of a problem for anyone either, I'd think.
Player level, or enemy level?
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Their level, you goon.

And that adjustment is fine.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
But what about running into a level 70 grindylow, which is entirely possible? That's like 100% DR, and that would probably reduce earth damage to nothing too, leaving airborne literally the only option. Anything else wouldn't just be ineffective anymore, it'd just be useless.

Pls cap at 90% DR
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
The difference between 100% DR and 90% DR is less than staggering, you're getting nowhere anyways, Aerite/Requinite/Null Shell/Pressure Filch and Wash Away all serve as alternative means too at the very least, I don't know just yet whether or not it matters.
If they do get 100% DR at level 70 plus, then you would need a person who is fast enough to make them airborne and focus on that one enemy to actually hurt them. Or deal 50% or more reduced earth to it which in theory is another equally challenging way to defeat them.,