Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server Status Report!
As a sporadic player of SL2, and Byond in general, it's tough to know when the server will be up again or why it is currently down. With some invested researching, I just figured out that Dev was putting in the next batch of traits this last weekend.

Before realizing the next update was coming, I was getting a good thing going on one of my characters and it lowkey stressed me out there's no server status or maintenance post about the said update when all of a sudden SL2 is down for three days straight. On the weekend.

Long story short:
My suggestion is of maintenance posts before the server disappears off the map for a while that is (or isn't) followed up with a completion post. It helps players keep in check of server status and what is happening (i.e. the next trait batch) in a centralized manner. Estimated completion times on these maintenance posts aren't needed but would be extremely welcomed as it would reduce confusion around "why did SL2 suddenly go down? when is it coming back up?" questions.

The maintenance posts don't need to be in any standard format, imo. Even a simple "Trait Batch Patch #4 Maintenance (12/07)" title would do some of us justice.
For the record, a workaround for this issue is if you have the SL2 window up, you can use the replay button to get into the game anyway, I'm unsure of why SL2 currently isn't showing up on the BYOND hub though.

Also Dev usually uploads the files to automatically apply on a reboot when it does update, so you don't have to worry about maintenance times usually.
Press CTRL+O on Byond Pager. The server's address is: byond://74.91.122.46:1282

If the server is actually down, to note, it will pop up saying failed to connect, or otherwise try to connect for periods of 30+ minutes.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]