Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is what it means to kill! [Eyes of Elimination thread]
I've came to notice how well Dev had the care to have Eyes of Elimination become balanced with the whole HP reduction and limitations to humans-only. But there's where I'm going to prod at. The attributed cooldowns, the HP reduction and the HP cost all makes this pretty much a gigantic tip on the scales of balance. It takes too much for no benefit at all. At least the Tier 2.

Tier 2 use is not really that interesting. You trace a line to gain bonus crit. The damage doesn't really feel 'solid', like the Tier 3, which is a chunk of damage that ignores defenses and can instakill PvE mobs. (I fugging love it. I was wrong to judge the cooldown by the way, once you trace the three lines, oh boy oh boy. It's worth the high waiting time, and certainly a 'decisive strike' kinda skill.)

So! Here I am to suggest just a simple thing for the vastly underwhelmed Tier 2:

Quote:Can Eyes of Elimination be changed to inflict Interference for 4 rounds on a successful line trace, instead of receiving bonus critical hit?

My only concern with it is that you're sacrificing way too much from your combat capability for 'just crit'. Something that you probably won't really need, when playing a Dagger user, since you already have loads of it from VA, Kensei, Vorpal Enchant, and how Daggers naturally have a bigger base Critical. It doesn't really make any sense to add a whooping +50 on top of your 400% Critical Hit chance. And the damage you inflict on them can easily go away on a single potion or graft... So your health sacrificed would be in vain. Thus why I think Interference (or Cursed Wounds, as an alternative), could make this skill feel more impactful.

-------

And adding on. I also think the Tier 1 and Tier 2 of EoE could be shoved in some other races that didn't get any 'solid' traits during the Trait Rework, namely everything that isn't Vampire/Dullahan/Lich/Kaelensian/Corrupted/Serpentkin/Mechanation and Doriad. But that's debatable. Although having this for more races that didn't get love could cut a bit your work on having people wanting more for them.

Tier 3 is mandatory to be Human-only, and I think everybody agrees with it.

-------

Also, in regards to the HP consumption both skills use. I suggest it sapping 10% of your max HP on Tier 2, and 15% on Tier 3. These flat numbers are certainly going to encourage people to build tank stats and stack VIT so they can shrug off the punishment for using their special skill. Percentage will keep the drains more consistent, regardless if they build tank stats or dodge stats.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
No.

No.

No.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye