Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appo's Trait Suggestions
Considering people are suggesting new traits now, I wanted to suggest my own idea for a few traits I'd like to say.

Underdog
Req: None.

You perform best when outnumbered, and can pull through even when the odds are against you. When there are more enemies than allies, you gain +5 to Weapon Power.

No Surrender
Req: None.

No matter what the world brings your way, you will fight on til the very end, whether you think you can succeed or not. Reduces chance of fleeing to 0, rendering you incapable of running, but boosts Weapon Power by +10.

[Odd Strength
Req: Not taking any of the even traits.

You perform better when things feel odd. On odd numbered turns, you gain +5 weapon power, but -5 power on even turns.

Odd Speed
Req: Not taking any of the even traits.

You move faster when things feel odd. On odd numbered turns you gain 5 initiative (or cel, whichever works), but on even numbered turns you lose 5 initiative instead.] These two would be good with an even variant. You'd be unable to take odd and even traits together, though.

Martyrdom
Req: Die Hard

Even when you're down, you won't accept it without trying to take someone down with you. When you activate Die Hard, you gain a buff called "Matyr", giving +10 to your initiative for that turn, but locking you out of skills and magic for the length of it. Once your turn next ends, or you are killed, the Matyr ability will activate, reducing your health and FP to 0 (if they are not already), and deals damage equal to the drained FP to any enemy within 3 range of you. You cannot proc die hard more than once in a single battle with this trait.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Ocean Man
Req: None [Or maybe the Neptune Starsign]

You have a fond love of the ocean. You let it lead you to faraway lands. As such, you are used to the ocean. Halves the energy it takes for you to dive and fish, gives you 5% Water Resistance, but -5% Fire Resistance.

Overdrive
Req: None

Grants you a special skill called "Overdrive". Using overdrive takes all of your available momentum for that turn, and gives you the "Overdrive" Buff. This buff powers up your next non-magic offensive skill by .1x per momentum gained, up to 1.7x damage, before inflicting worn out 10 for 3 turns. Overdrive has a cooldown of three turns.
Careless
Req: None

You fight in ways that others may consider stupid, or otherwise dangerous. Grants you a toggle skill called "Careless". When toggled, all basic attacks and non-magic skills you do deal 1.2x more damage, but the additional damage is also dealt to you as unresistable damage of the same damage type.

Careful Carelessness
Req: Careless

Careless Upgrade trait. (Only one can be taken at a time.) Your movements may seem careless to some, but you actually know what you're doing. Somewhat, at least. The boost to damage is reduced to 1.1x, but you take half of the additional damage instead.

Self-Destructive
Req: Careless

Careless Upgrade Trait. (Only one can be taken at a time.) Your carelessness is a scary thing. Your attacks are not only violent, but borderline suicidal, too. Boosts the damage increase from 1.2x to 1.5x but you take half of the total damage dealt, not just the additional damage.

[Will take my time to say right now that I don't know how to balance so it would be much appreciated if someone could help with balance a bit]