Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"SHAITAN CONFIDENT BUT AGGRESSIVE" - Dev, 2018
Shaitan RP traits
I know, right?

Behold, the most subjective post in recent history.

I did say I would be thinking of a list of RP traits for Shaitan, Dev. I've one or two suggestions for non-Shaitan related traits (which I will be posting at the end of this thread). The examples I'll post ahead are to be taken with a grain of salt, since I'm not exactly aware of what more lore lies behind the race other than what is posted in the Wiki, tidbits of lore and such. They're simply examples meant to give an idea of what could be done with insanity traits, rather than things I want to see added to the game right away.

Just a suggestion.

Whispers of Mimir
Requirement: Shaitan race.
Whether they're prophetic or lies in nature is hard to tell; hushed whispers have haunted you since you first awoke. Once a day, there is a random X% chance (+Bonus% on Red Iahsus, -Bonus% on Purple Iahsus) to hear/see a cryptic message from a source unknown.

Explanation: The way this trait would work would be with a small base chance of say. 10%. If the message is rolled for, it takes into account the state of Iahsus. Red would add a 5% chance, while Purple would take away 5% in turn. The contents of the message would be extremely cryptic in nature. Imagine something like:

A horrifying chill runs down your spine, your muscles locked in place by a presence you cannot understand. An ethereal whisper voices itself at your ear.

"You know he's lying. The King. The King is not who he is; he's a liar. Liar. Liar. Liar. Do not trust the King."

I'd imagine the messages would be linked to random, completely unrelated topics or things about the world of Sigrogana. Be it something just outright mundane, or something hideously cryptic and hard to tell what it's talking about. The contents of these messages would be entirely up to Dev. I'd also imagine that Shaitan that run around sharing these messages would likely not be well recieved by anyone.

Scorched Heart
Requirement: Shaitan race, has not taken Peaceful Heart, has not taken Charismatic.
There's a reason the Empire dismisses the Shaitan - it's you. For Shaitan are no more than twisted monsters, husks of their former selves. Your reputation with the Sigroganan Empire and it's cities decreases significantly and cannot be improved. Additionally, characters not immune to Fear may feel uneasy when in proximity.
Explanation: The description itself works well enough to describe what the trait actually does. The Shaitan's reputation with the Empire decreases significantly and cannot be raised.

As for the 'additionally' part, that's a little more tricky to work with. My goal here isn't to enforce feelings or ways to act with characters. A simple message on the chat stating that you feel uneasy near this person would likely get annoying in the long run. The best suggestion I can manage goes as follows:

- Short, periodic messages in the chat along the lines of; "You feel uneasy near [Alias/Name]..." "Being near [Alias/Name] makes you feel sick..." and so on.
- With each message, the affected character's Mental Stamina decreases over time until it hits 0. Either this could do nothing for the sake of RP, or the messages would get more intense. "You feel the urge to run from [Alias/Name]."
- (Optional) A trait like Charismatic (or any trait that implies confidence), a Heart of Stone (possibly) or being a Shaitan negates Scorched Heart's uneasy effect.

Peaceful Heart
Requirement: Shaitan race, has not taken Scorched Heart.
When you woke up, you weren't irredeemably deranged. There's still some innocence left in your heart. Your reputation with the Sigroganan Empire and it's cities increases slightly, but cannot go above a certain threshold. Additionally, characters with Scorched Heart will feel bothered by your presence.
Explanation: Meant to be a sort of antithesis to Scorched Heart. I'm between SH users feeling bothered or characters in general feeling at ease around PH users, but the latter sounds a tad baseless in my opinion. How I assume it would work goes as follows:

- Scorched Heart users will recieve similar messages as do victims of their uneasy effect, but more so along the lines of irritation. "[Alias/Name]'s presence is annoying..." and such.
- Scorched Heat users also recieve a similar Mental Stamina drain when near a Peaceful Heart user. When it reaches 0, the messages grow more intense. "I need to get away from [Alias/Name]."
- (Optional) Purple Iahsus negates the irritating effect of Peaceful Heart.

Amodeus' Eye
Requirement: Shaitan race, has not taken Welcome Corruption.
Judgement forever looms above you; Iahsus, the Hanging Star. For you it shines brighter than to most. And to you, it hurts more than to most. When Iahsus turns Red, you will experience the pain of insanity.
Explanation: Now this is a much trickier one than the last, but I'll try to explain how I see it to the best of my ability.

- When Iahsus turns Red, your Mental and Physical stamina will begin to drain slowly until the end of it's duration. The character also recieves periodical messages of headaches and physical pain, as well as being watched. Optionally, should both gauges hit 0, the character's movement speed could be decreased significantly. I don't mean for the movement speed to affect combat, but more so, the affected Shaitan becoming sluggish and pained, as if tired.

- There is a low Chance% for strange events to happen during the duration of the red Iahsus. Since I'm not too familiar with BYOND's wonderful code, I cannot suggest proper events without doing some guesswork. But my suggestions go along the lines of: hushed whispers in tongues unknown, the appearance of strange phantoms walking past, strange noises that none hear, etcetera. The intention of this is to be able to alter the course of roleplay. For example, Shaitan-kun is speaking to Human-chan. A loud scream rings out in the distance, and Shaitan-kun runs to explore - only to find nothing there at all.

- Again, with my lack of coding knowledge, I don't know if it's feasible. But if a red filter could be applied over the screen when it does turn Red, it would be most optimal.

I feel I should clarify before signing off this post. These are just example traits of what could be done with Shaitan RP traits and something I just thought up on the spot without going in-depth about how they should be implemented, if they even should be. My point here is that it's feasible and more RP traits as whole - for all races - would be quite welcome.

BONUS NON-SHAITAN RP TRAIT

Flight
Requirement: Any Winged race.
You were born with wings and thus are capable of flight. After pressing [Insert Some Key or Command Here], your character takes off the ground and is capable of flying around at will.
Explanation: As it stands, the only real type of flight winged races have is that one Corbie - I believe - skill to gain air. Other than that, I rarely even see people who play winged characters roleplay flying and such.

There could be a flight trait to mend for this, with two "modes".

In-City: Your characters does the airborne "animation", preferrably with a little up and down sway to simulate flight. There's not much more to it than that. Merely for the sake of immersion and RP.

Overworld: You can also choose to fly out to the Overworld from anywhere inside a city, provided you're not inside a house or dungeon - or any sort of building with a roof. You can fly over obstacles like, say, the forest in front of Cellsvich and the river that connects Voilegard to the rest of Sigrogana. You cannot, however, fly out to other continents.

How it would work with parties, however, that's mostly up to discussion. Whether you can only carry one person, or how many people you can carry depending on their weight and such. I've no specifics on that.
These are all amazing and I'm here for them.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
These do sound like pretty solid flavor traits. I approve. And I wish every race could get more stuff like this.
Blissey post_id=34595 time=1546296959 user_id=50 Wrote:These are all amazing and I'm here for them.
MakeshiftWalrus post_id=34596 time=1546315064 user_id=56 Wrote:These do sound like pretty solid flavor traits. I approve. And I wish every race could get more stuff like this.

My intention is for all races to get more RP traits. I started off with Shaitan mostly because they're the race I like better for RP and because Dev stated he wasn't sure how feasible insanity traits would be aside from 'you have to feel like this' and such. They're very feasible, that much I'm sure of.

I'll likely be writing a general batch of RP traits for all races sooner or later. I would like to see more feedback about these in general, considering they're probably hard to implement without forcing characters to act a certain way.
[Image: FgsMGD9.gif]
Definitely loving flight, and the bonus traits for Shaitan being entirely RP based actually might convince me to play one.
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: mQMYHlv.png]