Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too Sultry, Too Seductive
Blow Kiss' charm level is pretty strong currently, the damage reduction might just be a bit too strong and really promotes just throwing it onto a target you're currently ignoring and then focusing on other targets, deleting the threat of a damage dealer while working on other members of the opponent's team, or being REALLY strong on passive priests who don't really do all too much.

This future problem can be addressed by lowering the LV on the Charm itself to 1/2 WIL and giving the skill a very minor cooldown in place, however this could facilitate a small buff in another way as well to make up for it, here's what I think should happen:

-Charm LV is reduced to 1/2 Scaled WIL instead of Scaled WIL
-The skill is given a 2 round cooldown, to prevent spam, and give a window in where you cannot abuse your victim TOO much.
-Charm duration is increased to 4 Rounds (5 rounds If you are slower than your opponent, similar to doriad immobilize)

I think this would help set it in line.
And it doesn't really make much sense to invest in a damage stat (WIL) to inflict a defensive status effect (Charm, which reduces damage by LV%), at least not in balance-wise. Or worse. Boxers and Magic Gunners who actually use WIL defensively benefit for an extra layer of damage reduction with this. It's better to cut this shorter before the game goes back to revolving around those two classes again.

Perhaps having it attributed to something else like FAI, SAN or GUI (latter being questionable) could make it benefit more than the 1-shot WIL-based glass cannons who now can't be assassinated by their nat counters thanks to it.

But the suggestions in the OP can make this a little less obnoxious to deal with. At base, a cooldown and half the LV is enough to make this less a 'must pick' for WIL based chars. That, and Stone Hearts don't really grow on trees.

+1
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
get 60 scaled will, which already gives you a large status infliction rate, and in one move you basically just gave yourself an extra 60 scaled defense and resistance! I definitely also think it should be nerfed. Charm is just simply too strong a status effect at such high levels. On the bright side, stone heart might start being used competitively. (I also feel the same way about play cute, but this is a lot more omnipresent since 80% of the races can just take it.)

Maybe its time to add a charm resit sub-talent to the Bravery talent.
Also, why does it even scale off will? Wouldn't it make more sense to scale off guile?
I think the scaling is fine @ hanzo but yeah it is currently too spammable and the lvl is way too high. 1/2 scaled WIL and 2 rd cooldown as spo said is perfect and would bring this to much more tolerable levels.