Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost Skill Suggestions
Some skill suggestions for Ghost, since Kensei is stronger than it is currently.

Blood Scent (Innate, 3 ranks max): Through sensing a wounded opponent, whether through literal scent or otherwise, you can avoid their killing intent in a more efficient manner. Gives 10 evade per rank against opponents marked with Claret Call.
Reasoning: Kenseis have a dodge that affects all hits after the first. A fight against two dodge characters would still prove in the Kensei's favor since Claret Call can be consumed and requires a hit to land first.

Feareater (Innate, 5 ranks max): You revel in battle, and through this mindset you're less likely to worry about potential dangers- not that you'd be ignorant. Gives 10 status resist to Fear infliction checks per rank. At rank 5, forces Fear inflections that don't have a status infliction chance to gain a status infliction chance.
Reasoning: Gives the class some thematic defensive utility.

Sideslip (Passive, 5 ranks max): Allows Haunting to be used when imposed by a movement debuff status effect. When using Haunting, remove levels of the movement debuff by rank. At rank 5, immobilized is cured and can be used when using Haunting.
Reasoning: Requires 3M to cure these status effects. If overpowered, it could instead let haunting ignore immobilize instead of curing movement debuffs.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Roland_Staghare post_id=34887 time=1547560486 user_id=1994 Wrote:I get what you're going for with Blood Scent, but I don't think Ghost should get all too many evasion tools. I'm not necessarily against it, I just think it might not be the best mechanical fit for the class.

I actually think its the opposite, pre-GR Ghost's growths were mostly centered around SKI CEL RES and LUC, which are the best stats for resisting magic (which is Ghost's identity), among other things, it was originally supposed to be the anti-magic class before VA Stepped in with pre-nerfed voidveil being a 30% passive DR.

The point im getting at here is that the best anti-magic builds in the game are either elemental resist walls or CEL/RES builds that build to abuse heavy levels of RES + Evasion + Wraithguard to severely reduce the damage of autohits, and (hopefully) dodge physical hits as well, pre-GR a proper Ghost was supposed to be able to dodge.

Other than this I think a lot of these sound very thematic to the class, especially the fear passive, I think that'd prove very useful.
I really like these. My only concern is the SP issues I feel Ghost might get from it, if they all make it in. And by that I mean the fact people usually snatch Claret Call, Ether Invitation and Rising Game which is 15 total SP. Mainly because they are usually mandatory, so it generally leaves you with 20 SP or so.

Might be best to make a separate thread for that, though. Ghost has always needed something to make it more appealing as an option, I'm sure this could help with that. +1 from me.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]