Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who thought adding Frozen to Duelist was a good idea
oh boy its my daily dose of salt threads

Just limit the Freeze to anyone with Kraken (see: enchant only) and make the normal one create Ice tiles for (Rank) rounds.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Neus post_id=34868 time=1547509753 user_id=2 Wrote:I seem to recall the OOC chats differently, but honestly, it doesn't matter who said what or who was right. Pointless information like that doesn't have any bearing on balance changes and does just make it look like a salt thread.

I mean, there are suggestions to how this problem can be balanced so I wouldn't exactly call it salt.

And I only made the thread because I kinda discovered the CC lock combo with it (After the CR vs CR brawl since noone could move but it was hella fun), something any duelist can do once they understand how Frozen works, and I rather this not cause people to ban this skill from IC usage just because of that combo or many more.

As for the Kraken only suggestion; I can agree with that. +1 like.

Spoops post_id=34876 time=1547511783 user_id=193 Wrote:Frozen immunity sounds like a solid mechanic in of itself on most sources of frozen, considering its an intensely more powerful version of immobilize, which has been known to be a problem in the past.

It might be on the same tier as Knockdown and Stun.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that notice how broken Frozen is. After running Kensei/Ranger (Katana bow frigid spam) and fighting Frost Tyrant, I kinda figure out that status is much stronger than people give it credit for months ago.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
Frozen to dodge is like Buster Cannon to tanks. It's kinda funny.

Frozen immunity doesn't sound like a bad system to implement, though.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
w e w . . .

Honestly, I agree with some posts here.
Move Frozen to Kraken only, probably implement Frozen Immunity.
Un-enchanted Crystal Rose can inflict Celsius, I suppose.

But Lv20 Frozen isn't as broken as some of you make it seem, really. There's also the drawback of having to contest status inflict with status resistance.
Lewdcifer post_id=34895 time=1547581235 user_id=834 Wrote:w e w . . .

Honestly, I agree with some posts here.
Move Frozen to Kraken only, probably implement Frozen Immunity.
Un-enchanted Crystal Rose can inflict Celsius, I suppose.

But Lv20 Frozen isn't as broken as some of you make it seem, really. There's also the drawback of having to contest status inflict with status resistance.

Even though there's a damage cap on frozen, I believe that Kameron's post highlights its current abuseable situations.
I think an immunity to frozen would hurt ranger unfairly. It's method of inflicting it is much more balanced than crystal rose.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
Noxid post_id=34900 time=1547590066 user_id=457 Wrote:I think an immunity to frozen would hurt ranger unfairly. It's method of inflicting it is much more balanced than crystal rose.

I don't think it would even affect it. Annorum iirc has a 3 round CD by the time the CD is done their frozen immunity will be gone.
Frozen getting Aftermath Immunity over Crystal Rose (which is only a recent addition and has yet to be properly combed) is, beyond being a kneejerk response, overkill for only one skill that can currently throw out Frozen a little too easily. Reserve that kind of judgment for when/if Frozen shows up on more skills, especially when it's for a skill that could get its Frozen effect patched out.

Even with that being said, the only thing that really makes Frozen as busted as it is, is the Immobilize effect add-on. Make it act like Slow at lower LVs and you lose the lockdown that Kameron suggested and everything should be satisfied, though I'd still take it off of the base effect first.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Chaos post_id=34926 time=1547701721 user_id=75 Wrote:Frozen getting Aftermath Immunity over Crystal Rose (which is only a recent addition and has yet to be properly combed) is, beyond being a kneejerk response, overkill for only one skill that can currently throw out Frozen a little too easily. Reserve that kind of judgment for when/if Frozen shows up on more skills, especially when it's for a skill that could get its Frozen effect patched out.

Even with that being said, the only thing that really makes Frozen as busted as it is, is the Immobilize effect add-on. Make it act like Slow at lower LVs and you lose the lockdown that Kameron suggested and everything should be satisfied, though I'd still take it off of the base effect first.

The frozen immunity is more so for in general. Frigid arrow spammers (although annorum has a CD anyway), ice tyrants, etc. anything that can inflict frozen it would just make it so you cant sit there expecting to keep people frozen. Locking a bunch of classes in place that rely on basic movement only to start setting up is a knee-jerk itself. If you don't have blink, cleanse potion, or a class that helps with removing debuffs you're pretty much a sitting duck. Being able to move is a big deal.