Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jammers are too strong
I've been hearing reports from just about everyone I know that jammers have been made waaaay too strong and that groups of jammers are taking upwards of 10-15 turns to actually defeat.

As annoying as that is, there's a bit more of a serious issue regarding this; the beginner stuff. The tutorial battle slime has been trashing new characters if they don't immediately have the makings of a stronger build when he should really just be a glorified prinny and the Jammer Cave is now a torturous slog that newer players probably aren't going to be trying anymore.
Elaborating on how they're 'way too strong' would help. Especially when their new skills are, for the most part, very specific. Doubly so when, in the case of '+Evade per Jammer' skills, you can simply wipe the Alphas without even triggering Divide, thanks to certain actions penalizing or even shutting off add. Jammer generation.

Making these skills not appear on any Jammer below level 20~21 would help the second case.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Specifically the armour is a key issue I'm seeing coming up more so than the abilities. Even at low levels they seem to be negating far too much damage than is reasonable for players at that stage, and at higher levels they've just become walking fortresses.

The tutorial jammer has always been overtuned, but now it's only gotten worse seeing as it has armour and the ability to attack new players with ranged attacks now; I've seen my friends attempt to 2v1 it in character creation and still fail because their builds weren't immediately focused on damage.

Personally I think the monster armour idea should judt be scrapped or turned into a mini-boss modifier; monsters already have the advantage of no stat caps so a tanky enemy can just be created by upping their DEF or RES if needs be, but this armour system has just become oppressively.

As for the abilities, they're cool honestly, but they probably shouldn't appear below level 10 or 20 jammers seeing as they're kinda the enemy new players are expected to fight a bunch off.
ValkyrieSkies post_id=34930 time=1547736265 user_id=2000 Wrote:Personally I think the monster armour idea should judt be scrapped or turned into a mini-boss modifier; monsters already have the advantage of no stat caps so a tanky enemy can just be created by upping their DEF or RES if needs be, but this armour system has just become oppressively.
Monsters play by the same softcap/hardcap rules as players, with the only exception being '+1 Softcap per level beyond 60'.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
There was an error where the default armor/etc values was higher than intended, it's been corrected.
Real talk though, can we also decrease the strength and dodge of the tutorial Jammer; when you're making odd or non-battle focused builds it can really be a bit of a pain.
It seems that sometimes the tutorial jammer starts with 10 Armor instead of 0. (You can tell this by examining it's profile and clicking on where battle tab would be and well, only doing single digit physical damage to it.)

Beyond that bug, there's only a small handful of people that I could see seriously struggling the tutorial, such as Liches due to their tiny HP or people who aren't that aware of certain mechanics. (e.g. hit penalty for attacking in 1 range with a bow, overstacking on BW also reducing hit rate such as with Breastplate and Tome, not aware they can switch classes, etc.)

That said, perhaps something to consider would be replacing the tutorial jammer with a training dummy so losing (outside of hilarious bugs) becomes impossible.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
I don't think we need to nerf the tutorial jammer at all. Fixing the bug is enough.
I would at least make their armor halved for beginners. I don't think they need that much of a change.