Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore Questions: January (2019)ish
This is a new topic for Lore Questions because the old one was about 26 pages. (No, I will never stop copying this part.) The format is roughly the same, but some guidelines;

1) Try and format your questions appropriately. As in, make it easy to read and answer.
2) Try and limit the number of questions you ask per thread. I don't mind answering them, but don't get crazy and ask me 20 things, especially if they require detailed answers.
3) Try to avoid asking extremely specific questions, such as 'Did anyone ever die of food poisoning in Cellsvich?'. Answering these is difficult, because not everything is set in stone, so giving a definitive answer on it not only restricts me in the future, but it might influence other players' character concepts that involve it.

That said, if you have any questions, you can post them in this thread! I will post answers at the end of the month/start of the next one.

Thanks! (And yes, if you had questions from the previous topic that I didn't answer before I closed it, you can post them here, but remember the formatting guideline.)
It's technically not January anymore, but let's go ahead and drop some questions why not?

1) What is the average Mercalan's/The Church's opinion on Mechanations?

2) Are Mechanations able to become citizens (And enjoy the rights thereof) in any country? Which ones if so?

3) If a suitably human-feeling mechanation outlives their creator, what is their legal status, as far as Karaten is concerned? Are they free to do what they want with their life?

4) As I understand it a Summoner's contract with their youkai is represented via tattoo, does this tattoo disappear if the contract is ended?

5) How large are Youkai Fairies?

6) Is the Drowned Woman Youkai literally a woman who used to be mortal and became a ghost Youkai? Or is that just an exaggerated story?
1) On the subject of Mechanations and their perceived humanity: would a Mechanation that recognizes the fact they're not human have a greatly diminished lifespan compared to a Mechanation that's deluded into believing they're human--and somehow never figures out what they actually are.

2) Are there any limits to the area and mass of Asago homes?

2a) Would it be accurate to say (based entirely on mechanics) Asago effectively sells land/space in their private dimension??? at a rate of 500 Asagorians per Extra Level's worth of area.

2b) Does Asago possess infinite amounts of space to lend?

2c) Does Asago actually hold a monopoly on the concept of housing? (see: complete control over any and every house a PC will ever make)

2d) Can everything asked above about Asago be summed up with "Don't overthink how Asago works, it's mostly a mechanical convenience and not much else."?

3) Do crops (potatoes, corn, tomatoes, etc) grow as quickly ICly as they do mechanically (see: like 10 in game hours)? Or can it be assumed that's just a mechanical thing?
1) When a dullahan believes he has fulfilled his purpose somehow, are they forced to move on and pass to whatever afterlife there may be?

2) How does a dullahan perceive pain? Do they even feel physical pain? Is soul-related pain even a thing?

2a) If Dullahans can't perceive pain, does that mean they cannot feel the effects of extreme cold or heat? Even if it may hinder their movement/capabilities.

3) Do glamours exist to some capacity? and how so? Is that basically just what the portable mirror is?, or would they simply have to be illusion based?
1) Does Chaturanga use other chess based names like Black Knights? For example, would they call a Mercalan Priest a White Bishop?
1a) Do they have positions/roles for Pawn, Rooks, Kings and Queens as well?

2) Does Chaturanga have any form of titleage such as Squire, Baron, Count, or Duke?
Munch
1, About Asha, the Shrine, and the Nameless God.
1.1) Do people actually come to the Nameless Shrine to pray?
1.2)Is worshiping the Nameless God popular anywhere?
1.3) Did he ever do anything notable, other than coming to rest in the mountain? I'm interested in what made people worship him, specially.
1.4) Asha seems a bit reserved, doesn't that interrupt her duties as a Shrine Maiden?

2)Do Kigal Replicas also contain the secret to immortality?
2.1)Is it lichdom?

3)Why do Kaelians not like non-kaelia(or other egwynians such as wild elves) visiting Egwyn? Is it xenophobia?

4)Do druids have any distaste for artificial lifeforms, such as mechanations?

5)"Doriads can speak to other plants, but in very simplistic ways, and can only really do so on an emotional level."-- How emotional can this get? You mentioned it being simple, but it could potentially still form strong connections.
I do not recall if this was brought up previously but:

1.) Is it actually legal to hunt vampires in Lordwain or Lispool?

2.) Is there a city of Alstalsia, in Alstalsia? The reputation tab implies so; or is that meant to mean the continent of Alstalsia as a whole? Any brief information you can tell us about it since unlike the strongholds it doesn't have any information to it, nor is it labeled on the map you made of the continent.
[Image: PersonalNecessaryArmyworm-size_restricted.gif]
Dyrnwyn, ERUPT, and IGNITE!
1.) How was blood magic discovered? (In reference to the new ghost abilities)

2.) Is it possible to make rituals using blood magic?
Human Adaptability questions:

1) Is it possible for unlucky humans who become lost and strand in BDPs for way too long to receive a couple of unnatural mutations for environmental adaptability? (For a couple of examples: People who strand away in Desert Black Doors may have their blood become thicker, and skin much drier and solid, while people who strand in Whirlpools may have their skin tissue become more slick and adapted to wet environments akin to the texture of a soft marine creature, stranding in Crypts may make one become more pale and gain some resistance against turning into Undead, or just getting sick in general, Snake Caverns with toxins endurance, etc.)

2) How hard it is for a human to learn Common without a proper education and by just observing/listening the public populace in Sigrogana?

Eyes of Elimination questions:

(PS: I'm going to make a Wiki entry about it, so that is the reason I'm asking a lot.)

3) I came up (with a new recipeh) a custom name for Eyes of Elimination. Could it be canon if we all agreed to call it 'Nozokugan', or 'Nozoku no Magan'? (Mainly stands for something like "Eyes of Removal" or "Arcane Eyes of Exclusion" from weebland.)

4) Any specific reasons random people suddenly started seeing weird things? Or was this always a problem since before the war of gods?

5) What is the estimated probability a person can perceive whatever these 'lines' are in the world of Sigrogana? Is this common or rare, lore wise?

6) Is it accurate that people who bear the Eyes of Elimination are supposed to be quite unhealthy, sickly and physically vulnerable due to how strong they are compared to the wielder?

7) Are the Eyes of Elimination treated like an incurable eye disease by the world's medicine?

8) Are they always active and you're seeing lines every time, like Shiki Tohno, or do you need to focus on these lines for them to activate, like Shiki Ryougi? (Or is it optional and no line perception is similar to another?)

8-b) Using the Eyes of Elimination lower your lifespan after each use, or just damage your brain? (Or is it optional? Mostly due to how Tohno's eyes fry up his brain, while Ryougi's their usage is but a mere small nuisance.)

9) Why these lines make it so easy to slash through things? What are them, exactly?

10) In that case, does that mean non-monster/non-boss races have some sort of Divine Protection against these lines, so it doesn't outright turn them into spare parts?

11) How are those weird lines named ICly?

12) Any specific reasons they can only be cut with short blades like daggers? (Do they move around? Are extremely thin? etc.)

13) Do they have ties to the day/night cycle? As in. Daytime makes it slightly harder to see them, while under the moonlight it makes it slightly easier.

14) Do the lines and the eyes have any relations to Iahsus?

15) Do they appear on intangible things like magic, Focus or spirits?

16) Is it possible to cut away at spirits to forcefully exorcise them, regardless of their spiritual power?

17) Can you cut abstract things like stamina, diseases or curses?

18) Are there any NPCs in Sigrogana that can perceive the lines too?

19) Is it possible to eliminate Vampires permanently with the lines? As in, bypass their Misting process.

20) Is it true that delimbing targets with the lines makes it impossible for them to reattach said limb back, even with Mercana?

21) Is it true that delimbing vampires but allowing them to mist away, makes them unable to regrow said sliced-off limb when they reform?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Credit to Ryan(Grandpa) for the inspiration behind this one:

1) We know Dark bards exist, but, what other types of bards exist, and how do they vary?
1a) Do other bards frown upon dark bards because of their taste in more aggressive forms of art?
1b) If there are others, where do certain music types originate from, where are they popular, and would people from certain areas have cultural differences in their music to people from others. (For instance, would Karaten be more into a Jazz like music, while say Chaturanga, would be more into classicalesque types.)

2) Do the countries of the Great six have their own national anthems that would be similar to these kinds of pieces?

3) What's the Emperor's favorite type of music?

Edit: Typo fixes, my bad.
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: mQMYHlv.png]