Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore Questions: Septemberish (2019)
Does the goat-headed god in the Redrayder Wild Elf lore have a name? What's his/her symbol, and what does he/she want?
Snake post_id=37552 time=1567446790 user_id=310 Wrote:Tell us more about Firebird, especially for another Wiki Entry. I promise to be short this time-

le pulls notepad and pen

1) What is the place of origin for the duelist class Firebird?
2) Are their martial polearm art inspired by Helondis, Phoenixes, or something else?
3) Are the Magical Feathers a manifestation of Focus, or something they really bear physically through equipment?
4) Are they related somehow to Wyvern Riders? Given they tend to 'jump' a lot airborne and perform swooping strikes.
5) Where Firebirds better suit on their combat style? Hunting monsters or against people?
6) Would they be a fit style to participate in wars and large-scale confronts, or are they a more reserved type of combatant like Boxers, which are mostly seen as sport?
7) Could Firebirds have a pet Falcon/Phoenix? For example. When you use Roaring Falcon. Could the brief apparition of a Falcon to perform the 'sound damage' be roleplayed as your pet Avian aiding you in combat?

1) Kysei, near the Phenex mountain caverns.
2) Vaguely.
3) They're enchanted feathers.
4) No.
5) They aren't mutually exclusive, probably both.
6) They'd probably be better suited to dueling.
7) Generally not how it's intended but sure.

adamkad1 post_id=37579 time=1567530563 user_id=166 Wrote:1. What are national foods for all the nations? (like oniga got sushi, right?)

Most of them are represented in NPC shops.

DoctorMad post_id=37585 time=1567539732 user_id=1963 Wrote:Question

1)Do Druids worship the Old Beasts like other Kaelensians do?

2)Can a person have faith in both Mercala and another God(Assuming that god isn't Huggessoa or anything of the sort)?

3)Lore-wise, can a person with small faith but a proper luminary element use Mercana well?

4)Would a Dullahan remember the reason they still walk during special moments?
For example, lets say a dullahan is very close to achieving their goal, and they start remembering details of their past life because of that.

1) No.
2) Yes.
3) Possibly.
4) At times but generally Dullahan memories are extremely fragmented even in the best case.

GenixSS113 post_id=37619 time=1568048621 user_id=276 Wrote:Just one question.

In relation to every other race, excluding dullahans and Liches. Are they all anatomically Human for all their body parts?

Aside from things like Naga, yes.

noblekame post_id=37628 time=1568235160 user_id=433 Wrote:This one is about Kaelensians and other races with animal like features such as redtail and Omina.

Do such races tend to go into periods of heat like their animal counterparts?

Generally no.

TheCommonNoob post_id=37682 time=1568786528 user_id=471 Wrote:I apologize in advance for all the questions. I'm truly just curious about the world that out characters live in.

Angels and Demons

1. I know it's been asked a few times here and there, but not at all recently as far as I've seen, but are 'Demons' still supposedly non-existent? Can it be used as a derogatory term or to specify a certain type of creature(s) or mythical being(s) in-character?

2. Are there any similar things that don't exist? Ex. Angels.

Gods and Godhood

3. How many gods are alive as of now?

4. Is there any undiscovered or unmentioned gods? More mysterious than the Nameless God, that is.

5. How many remains of the gods are left in the world? Whether they be undiscovered, public, private, hidden etc.

6. Would it be possible to attain power similar in strength to that of a god or ascend to godhood itself? (Not that likely it'll ever be achieved through IC, but still curious anyways).

Akashic Records

7. In a similar line of thought, are the Akashic Records something that might actually be grasped?

8. How powerful are the Records in the universe of SL2?

Kitchenware and other Technology

9. It's always been a bit vague, but how 'up-to-date' is the kitchenware of SL2?

10. Fridges and freezers?

11. Blenders and coffee machines?

12. Flashlights?

13. If I remember correctly, most of the advanced technologies are the ones that'd help war or combat? Would medicine be the second in line? What would be third in line?

Holidays

14A. We know some things exist IC'ly as holidays like All Hollow's Eve (Halloween), Yuletide (Christmas), Liars Day (April Fools) and Lover's Day (Valentines Day). Are there any others?

14B. If possible can we get a list of some sort? Please feel free to skip this if it's too much of a hassle.

15. Does Evil's Birthday have any other significance to it rather than a simple reference to your birthday?

1) They are mythological beings.
2) Not sure how to answer this.
3) Mercala is the only one we know for sure is alive.
4) Yes.
5) A lot.
6) Probably not.
7) Mages seem to think so.
8) About as powerful as infinite knowledge can be.
9) You'd have to be more specific about 'kitchenware'. There's no microwaves or anything like that.
10) There are magical coolers, yes.
11) No.
12) No.
13) Mercana is the only type of magic that really helps with medical things, so it isn't particularly advanced, though other types of magic can be used for utility, IE sterlizing blades, etc.
14) Yes.
15) It has no significance.

Lewdcifer post_id=37904 time=1570410932 user_id=834 Wrote:Vampirism and Spiritualism
[list=]
[*]In the event that a human is possessed by several spirits, and that these spirits are being contained by a device such as a Frosted Dog Collar; if they were to undergo the ritual of Vampirism while in these conditions, what would happen?
Would they affect the host's body, mind, or spirit in any way or form, or react somehow to this event?
[/list]

The skies, and what lies beyond
[list=]
[*]What is known about the stars?
[*]What beliefs do people have in regards to them?
[*]What is known about space?
[/list]

1) They would probably do nothing.
2) I'm sure I've answered something along these lines before, check the previous lore threads.

Blissey post_id=37945 time=1570818343 user_id=50 Wrote:A few questions regarding Mersales and Elves:

What is life on Mersales like on an average day?

Since Mersales is meant to be a paradise, would it be safe to say/assume that it is much like a utopia -- controlled and heavily regulated to maintain the peace?

Why do Elves not know who their patron God is? What could have caused them to forget? Or did they simply not know to begin with? (This is assuming that the Big Tree isn't directly their patron god).

Since Elves need to keep the secrets of Mersales safe, and since we as players do not have access to those details or secrets, is there a system in place (perhaps a magical spell, curse, etc.) that protects Mersales from Elven secret-spillers? An example would be an Elf who was kicked out of Mersales, but they have all these secrets (supposedly). Would an Elf begin to forget those crucial details over time, or would they simply be so loyal to Mersales that they would hold those secrets no matter what?

The basis behind this question is that, as someone who has played an Elf since the inception of SL2, I've always had to provide non-answers and be vague. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but it'd be nice to have a proper, official reasoning behind this. I know that there technically already IS one, but it'd be nice for that to be expounded upon.

I know these questions may be a little difficult to answer, but it's been 5+ years and we still have so little details on Elves. I don't expect complete responses or super detailed ones, but some light being shed on their lore and origins would be nice after all this time.

Mercana question:

Also, as presented by Hope in Lispool, can Mercana (or rather, Mercalan rituals) somehow treat mental illness? We know that Corrupted mental illness is severe and requires intense experimentation and sessions, but what about "regular" mental illness found in other races? How would Mercana affect that kind of mental illness as opposed to Corrupted warped-mental illness?

Can Mercana somehow prolong one's life? I.E.: preventing someone from dying of old age, or preventing the on-set of old-age and its effects. (part of me thought this was answered elsewhere but i found no trace).

Is Mercana strictly healing magic or is it also defined as offensive/defensive magic? Would a Shine Ray be claimed as 'Mercana', as an example.

Would the Church and their followers look down upon those who use offensive/defensive/support Mercana in spars?

1) I mean, that varies from elf to elf. Generally peaceful and slow.
2) In a sense, though it's more because Mersales is not tainted by certain concepts that generally lead to chaos in the outside world. IE, money and excess property, Mersales generally operates on a basis of need.
3) They are not aware of it, if it exists.
4) They would likely forget over time, and some of them are too complex to really remember without a working reference.
5) It can help. In general there's a mechanical basis for this, see the Pacify items/spells.
6) Most likely.
7) Mercana is mainly known for healing, but it has offensive capabilities via light magic.
8) It probably wouldn't be as big of a deal as healing magic.

Turadis post_id=38016 time=1571470020 user_id=2059 Wrote:On the subject of Mercana and the appropriate times to use it, in a previous lore thread you've said the following.

Neus Wrote:"...If a threat, such as a monster, is about and the only way to make sure it's stopped is to heal someone who can defeat it, that is another valid use. If you are pursuing a greater threat towards others, such as monsters (but not mortals), then it can be used without much worry..."

Aren't there scenarios where these tenants can potentially conflict? For instance, a serial killer or murderous assailant is a greater threat towards others, and also a mortal. Potentially one that could be stopped by healing someone capable of defeating them. Is it legal to use healing Mercana in just about any circumstance where the consequence of not using healing Mercana could reasonably lead to someone's death? Or is there a threshold of danger that must be surpassed? If so, where would such a threshold lie?

It would probably be fine to use in that specific circumstance.

Skimmy2 post_id=38160 time=1572449532 user_id=386 Wrote:1: If an overly [strike]suicidal[/strike] ambitious individuals attempted to found their own City State or micro nation, how swiftly would they be resubjugated?
I imagine the Onigan and Sigroganian Empires would soon send their troops to deal with such rebellious behaviour however what about on Egwyn, Kysei or elsewhere?

1a: In other words, how likely would a new Sovereignty form with the current world powers?

2: does Onigan culture have a negative stereotype to tattoos?

3: does Lispool have its own language, and if so, what is it based on?

1) Well, you would have to deal with the logistics of that, and they'd probably stop merchants from selling you things like that. Beyond that, you'd be at risk for a swift conquering by the empire, or told to swear fealty to the Emperor.
2) Not at all.
3) Most of the continents have a native language but most of them have fallen out of favor for the common tongue.

Blissey post_id=38247 time=1573427596 user_id=50 Wrote:I know I've asked a lot already, but... Some of us are going crazy over this and need clarification:

When Mercala ATTEMPTED to heal Ryart's wounds, is it implied (see: confirmed) that she failed to heal him BECAUSE of Zera's unique ability to inflict Cursed Wounds?
If yes, does this mean Mercala would not be able to heal wounds caused by Zera, despite his Akasha not being able to sever her connection to life?
And tying into this question, is the Akasha the weapon that deals Cursed Wounds, or is it merely Zera's own unique ability? Seems like he wouldn't need the Akasha if that were the case.

No one really knows the details. It's just a legend.

Blissey post_id=38445 time=1575693223 user_id=50 Wrote:With the advent of clinics in full-swing, these questions beg an answer:

How is blood type identified for transfusions?

If a Vampire donates blood and the blood is transfused to someone (be it human, another race, etc.), how would the patient react? What if it's somehow blood from six different Vampires? Is there a way for someone to differentiate Vampire blood from regular blood aside from lack of Focus?

1) We can generally sweep this under the rug and assume that blood types aren't really a thing that determines blood compability in Sigrogana.
2) Vampire blood lacking focus is one of the few unique properties it has. Even if it's from six different vampires, it doesn't matter, because of the way the Vampirism ritual works. It is just like normal blood otherwise.

Shujin post_id=38464 time=1575786682 user_id=135 Wrote:Liches and Synthetic Hair. How exactly does it work:
A.) The Material is simply resistant to the "Burn"
B.) Is it meant to be ontop of whatever material their Epherial body is possessing, like some skull or Helmet, and therefore just untouched by the Acashic flames?

2.) Does that also mean that in theory Syntheic skin(Or Silicone) could be applied similary to how Mechanations work, as long its not directly touching the "Fire"? As I assume its barely any extra weight to move, so shouldn't be much of a problem for the lich.

3.) Can a Lich therefore posses some "Real sized Dolls"(Like Mannequins or Marionettes, I am not asking to look like a mechanation, Just had the concept idea of a mad puppeteer who became one with his work via lichdom), assuming they are made of fire resistant material?
3 B.) Plus synthetic Skin/hair over said material?

1) A.
2) Probably not.
3) Probably not.

Kavoir post_id=39144 time=1582224072 user_id=57 Wrote:Can I have a little bit of information on the general character and Region of houses: Tunnin(Yeah I know they have a human on their seat but that doesn't really give me the type of thing I want to know), Trymela(I think they are more in charge or own the capital for some reason although I don't know why apparently they got on the council due to leveraging diplomatic connections?), Zelag(They are small and were a target, they have no military northwest of the Godly Stage friends with house Echor but have a lot of political clout), and Suran(Massecured the Marble Masons and stole their land and seat, Spidery? House Orin hates them a lot you know because of the whole massacre thing which is fair)? Mostly interested in geography and house values. (editing for rereading the information on the houses we do have)

I'll finish up the missing houses sometime soon.

ShadowHunt post_id=39239 time=1583127862 user_id=96 Wrote:1)About the mercenary economy, it's bugging me a bit. Since the world of Sigrogana hasn't exactly had any open warfare since the end of the Sigro-Oniga war, what people typically expect isn't really viable.

I'd imagine hunting monsters and body-guarding as options, but the former seems to be handled just fine by independent adventurers and the latter is usually exclusive to mercenary bands that have decent prestige. So how does your run of the mill merc band bring in the murai now a days?

2)I'd imagine mercenary bands that have trouble finding enough work might turn to banditry, how common is it though?

3)And then how do nations, particularly Chatarunga, handle a mercenary band under their nationality when they decide banditry is more lucrative then just disbanding.

4)On the relation between Karaten and Mechanations. Since the fact that feeling human seems to be a well known requirement for the longevity of a Mechanation, even if they are still functionally property built as tools with a goal in mind, how do they generally handle this conflict of interests?

5)And then, how stable is Kysei really? Chatrunga benefits from there being war and conflict, while Karaten only gets unrestricted access to the world as long as peace remains, how do they handle this conflict of interest?

1) Mercenaries are always feasible in any era. People always need bodyguards or hired muscle, especially in a world full of monsters. Although Sigrogana is mostly peaceful there are still outer regions and islands that need pacifying, and Alstalsia is especially well known for internal conflicts.

2) Probably not that uncommon.

3) Very similar to real history. Bandits are often hunted down and either drafted or executed.

4) There's not really a conflict of interest. They are generally treated as servants.

5) Karaten's portal network is less an issue for them regardless of the political situation - mages are generally comfortable in their own stronghold. Chaturanga benefits even outside of war because of the Black Knight's reputations as bodyguards, and they are often involved in external conflicts (which I will not elaborate on yet).

SP00K_E post_id=39329 time=1584507775 user_id=2162 Wrote:Got some armor boy questions.

1) How much armor is a Dullahan made of? IE can the soul of a Dullahan only inhabit full plate armor? Could a Dullahan be made from half-plate style armor or chain mail?

2) If the armor is damaged can it be repaired? Does it supernaturally mend over time or do they need to find someone to fix them up?

3a) How does delimbing and similar heavy damage effect the Dullahan? Can they just put their limbs back on?

3b) If pieces of their armor are lost can they be replaced?

3c) By extension how much armor can be damaged or lost before they move on? Is it some kind of seal a la FMA that needs to be smashed before they finally die or an arbitrary amount of armor lost?

4) Can a Dullahan have their armor modified physically and enchanted? A previous question asked if Dullahan can move their souls between different sets of armor and the answer was no, but what if they were working still with their original armor and altering it?

5) In summary could we see an old veteran Dullahan with with nothing but a breastplate, pauldrons, and gauntlets wheeling around in a wagon and being a dangerously grumpy torso?

1) A Dullahan is made of a full body of armor and helmet.
2) Yes. It depends on the armor, but generally needs to be repaired.
3) They can just put them back on.
4) They can be, but it takes time for replacements to 'sync' to the body.
5) Somewhat, though this would likely be unpleasant for the Dullahan.
6) Yes.

Fern post_id=39330 time=1584519326 user_id=55 Wrote:1. If you use Mercalan domain spells (I.E, Star Stream / Shine Ray / Graft / etc...) is it forced for your character to ICly have faith in Mercala?

2. If yes to the above, what does this mean regarding Luminary Element characters that don't build FAI and instead use their WIL stat for the light?

1) It's a magic domain, which generally does not require faith, but benefits from it.

Dmorgen post_id=39367 time=1585442353 user_id=2167 Wrote:Does the goat-headed god in the Redrayder Wild Elf lore have a name? What's his/her symbol, and what does he/she want?

I may expand on them sometime in the near future, but the general idea is that they believe this entity gives them strength and helps people get lost in the swamps of Egwyn easier.
Lore Questions are on hold for now. The format will be redone and probably moved to Discord.

Keep an eye out there for details.