Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore Questions: Septemberish (2019)
This is a new topic for Lore Questions because the old one was about 26 pages. (No, I will never stop copying this part.) The format is roughly the same, but some guidelines;

1) Try and format your questions appropriately. As in, make it easy to read and answer.
2) Try and limit the number of questions you ask per thread. I don't mind answering them, but don't get crazy and ask me 20 things, especially if they require detailed answers.
3) Try to avoid asking extremely specific questions, such as 'Did anyone ever die of food poisoning in Cellsvich?'. Answering these is difficult, because not everything is set in stone, so giving a definitive answer on it not only restricts me in the future, but it might influence other players' character concepts that involve it.

That said, if you have any questions, you can post them in this thread! I will post answers at the end of the month/start of the next one.

Thanks! (And yes, if you had questions from the previous topic that I didn't answer before I closed it, you can post them here, but remember the formatting guideline.)
Tell us more about Firebird, especially for another Wiki Entry. I promise to be short this time-

le pulls notepad and pen

1) What is the place of origin for the duelist class Firebird?
2) Are their martial polearm art inspired by Helondis, Phoenixes, or something else?
3) Are the Magical Feathers a manifestation of Focus, or something they really bear physically through equipment?
4) Are they related somehow to Wyvern Riders? Given they tend to 'jump' a lot airborne and perform swooping strikes.
5) Where Firebirds better suit on their combat style? Hunting monsters or against people?
6) Would they be a fit style to participate in wars and large-scale confronts, or are they a more reserved type of combatant like Boxers, which are mostly seen as sport?
7) Could Firebirds have a pet Falcon/Phoenix? For example. When you use Roaring Falcon. Could the brief apparition of a Falcon to perform the 'sound damage' be roleplayed as your pet Avian aiding you in combat?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
1. What are national foods for all the nations? (like oniga got sushi, right?)
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
Question

1)Do Druids worship the Old Beasts like other Kaelensians do?

2)Can a person have faith in both Mercala and another God(Assuming that god isn't Huggessoa or anything of the sort)?

3)Lore-wise, can a person with small faith but a proper luminary element use Mercana well?

4)Would a Dullahan remember the reason they still walk during special moments?
For example, lets say a dullahan is very close to achieving their goal, and they start remembering details of their past life because of that.
Just one question.

In relation to every other race, excluding dullahans and Liches. Are they all anatomically Human for all their body parts?
This one is about Kaelensians and other races with animal like features such as redtail and Omina.

Do such races tend to go into periods of heat like their animal counterparts?
Please keep your posts relevant to the thread. Thank you.
I apologize in advance for all the questions. I'm truly just curious about the world that out characters live in.

Angels and Demons

1. I know it's been asked a few times here and there, but not at all recently as far as I've seen, but are 'Demons' still supposedly non-existent? Can it be used as a derogatory term or to specify a certain type of creature(s) or mythical being(s) in-character?

2. Are there any similar things that don't exist? Ex. Angels.

Gods and Godhood

3. How many gods are alive as of now?

4. Is there any undiscovered or unmentioned gods? More mysterious than the Nameless God, that is.

5. How many remains of the gods are left in the world? Whether they be undiscovered, public, private, hidden etc.

6. Would it be possible to attain power similar in strength to that of a god or ascend to godhood itself? (Not that likely it'll ever be achieved through IC, but still curious anyways).

Akashic Records

7. In a similar line of thought, are the Akashic Records something that might actually be grasped?

8. How powerful are the Records in the universe of SL2?

Kitchenware and other Technology

9. It's always been a bit vague, but how 'up-to-date' is the kitchenware of SL2?

10. Fridges and freezers?

11. Blenders and coffee machines?

12. Flashlights?

13. If I remember correctly, most of the advanced technologies are the ones that'd help war or combat? Would medicine be the second in line? What would be third in line?

Holidays

14A. We know some things exist IC'ly as holidays like All Hollow's Eve (Halloween), Yuletide (Christmas), Liars Day (April Fools) and Lover's Day (Valentines Day). Are there any others?

14B. If possible can we get a list of some sort? Please feel free to skip this if it's too much of a hassle.

15. Does Evil's Birthday have any other significance to it rather than a simple reference to your birthday?
[Image: TvQhtZb.gif][Image: j2EbbS4.gif]
Vampirism and Spiritualism
[list=]
[*]In the event that a human is possessed by several spirits, and that these spirits are being contained by a device such as a Frosted Dog Collar; if they were to undergo the ritual of Vampirism while in these conditions, what would happen?
Would they affect the host's body, mind, or spirit in any way or form, or react somehow to this event?
[/list]

The skies, and what lies beyond
[list=]
[*]What is known about the stars?
[*]What beliefs do people have in regards to them?
[*]What is known about space?
[/list]
A few questions regarding Mersales and Elves:

What is life on Mersales like on an average day?

Since Mersales is meant to be a paradise, would it be safe to say/assume that it is much like a utopia -- controlled and heavily regulated to maintain the peace?

Why do Elves not know who their patron God is? What could have caused them to forget? Or did they simply not know to begin with? (This is assuming that the Big Tree isn't directly their patron god).

Since Elves need to keep the secrets of Mersales safe, and since we as players do not have access to those details or secrets, is there a system in place (perhaps a magical spell, curse, etc.) that protects Mersales from Elven secret-spillers? An example would be an Elf who was kicked out of Mersales, but they have all these secrets (supposedly). Would an Elf begin to forget those crucial details over time, or would they simply be so loyal to Mersales that they would hold those secrets no matter what?

The basis behind this question is that, as someone who has played an Elf since the inception of SL2, I've always had to provide non-answers and be vague. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but it'd be nice to have a proper, official reasoning behind this. I know that there technically already IS one, but it'd be nice for that to be expounded upon.

I know these questions may be a little difficult to answer, but it's been 5+ years and we still have so little details on Elves. I don't expect complete responses or super detailed ones, but some light being shed on their lore and origins would be nice after all this time.

Mercana question:

Also, as presented by Hope in Lispool, can Mercana (or rather, Mercalan rituals) somehow treat mental illness? We know that Corrupted mental illness is severe and requires intense experimentation and sessions, but what about "regular" mental illness found in other races? How would Mercana affect that kind of mental illness as opposed to Corrupted warped-mental illness?

Can Mercana somehow prolong one's life? I.E.: preventing someone from dying of old age, or preventing the on-set of old-age and its effects. (part of me thought this was answered elsewhere but i found no trace).

Is Mercana strictly healing magic or is it also defined as offensive/defensive magic? Would a Shine Ray be claimed as 'Mercana', as an example.

Would the Church and their followers look down upon those who use offensive/defensive/support Mercana in spars?
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)