Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watchful eye possibly not working?
So for me at least, the soldier skill watchful eye doesn't work on most things. You have to be facing them to start with. But if they use moves such as sidecut, attacks that move them. Watchful eye doesn't keep track. I never found somebody to test with crane hop or winged serpent. But it seems that for sidecut and silcut and the like, watchful eye does not track them.

I'm unsure if this is or is not intentional, since it says some movement skills, not all. But if it only tracks movement from people you're facing, it seems a little narrow for a 3m skill. Its only use is for cobra as a result, and even then its very niche.

(Wouldn't mind seeing a hit bonus on it against the focused target or something.)
Certain moves are supposed to bypass it. I believe sidecut might be one of these. Keep in mind that in the current patch, turning is a little buggy in general so this could just be a symptom.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
Well I recall this always being a thing from ages past when I tried demon hunter, so I Don't think the turning thing is affecting it. I'm not sure if sidecut and most offensive movement skills aren't supposed to trigger it.
The description says "Teleports are too fast to see." Sidecut isnt a teleport but it is quite fast so perhaps it is supposed to count. I'd agree it would be nice if the skill got a little extra because I never see it used to any notable effect.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
It currently works against:

Heaven Kick
Jetpack
Rabbit Leap
Basic Movement
Parting shot (somehow)
Crane Hop

Everything else it does not track, basically what you're looking-or rather listening for is the footstep sound while a movement skill is going on, listen closely to jetpack or rabbit leap, you'll hear footstep sounds very faintly.

That indicates the movement skills is built in a way that allows watchful eye to actually watch it.

Anyway I don't think this is a bug? I could be wrong as opinions do change but I brought this up like 2 or 3 years back and these were the only skills specifically changed for watchful eye (Except jetpack, that just happened on its own)