Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gigantys
Bumping this because it's still very much relevant and the change itself was not on the weapon but on Guard Breaks in itself. From all the changes I've proposed in the OP, I'd like to see at least the hit penalty removed for a weapon that has way too many drawbacks, so it doesn't at least rely too much on Hexer, even more when BW of the weapon (Gigantys fully upgraded/Heavy armor reaches 110BW-ish) is an hit drawback in itself.
The hit drawback is honestly unnecessary. It doesn't have enough scaling to warrant it. At least that, as Lonestar said, should be removed.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
The only issue I have with that is that crit multipliers together with palms might start to cause it to go overboard a bit, I do agree with removing the hit penalty on the weapon, but perhaps it should in place gain a crit penalty.
After revisiting the weapon and its effects, I didn't really see that new effect for 'Guard Break' having much use at all. Parry people (namely Duelists and Black Knight, the 'only' classes with those) don't use Shields or Guard often enough due to how it nullifies Evasion or sometimes puts them at disadvantage because they know you're using a Gigantys.

I wish Gigantys was a weapon of no crit but high non-crit damage too, as Spo said. That would certainly be more fitting overall. Not hitting with Gigantys puts you at a major disadvantage, and missing is already really easy for non-Katanas... because by investing in STR, or atleast the bare minimum to be able to wield it, you'll be giving up on SKI/LUC, which pretty much bosses around your Hit ratio. And how dodge works nowadays, it makes this weapon impossible to be used without Plisfa's Masochism.

And that's super boring, given this is a 10* weapon. You can't even hit monster NPCs, hell.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Snake post_id=36665 time=1558629433 user_id=310 Wrote:After revisiting the weapon and its effects, I didn't really see that new effect for 'Guard Break' having much use at all. Parry people (namely Duelists and Black Knight, the 'only' classes with those) don't use Shields or Guard often enough due to how it nullifies Evasion or sometimes puts them at disadvantage because they know you're using a Gigantys.

I wish Gigantys was a weapon of no crit but high non-crit damage too, as Spo said. That would certainly be more fitting overall. Not hitting with Gigantys puts you at a major disadvantage, and missing is already really easy for non-Katanas... because by investing in STR, or atleast the bare minimum to be able to wield it, you'll be giving up on SKI/LUC, which pretty much bosses around your Hit ratio. And how dodge works nowadays, it makes this weapon impossible to be used without Plisfa's Masochism.

And that's super boring, given this is a 10* weapon. You can't even hit monster NPCs, hell.

Just to let you know, Gigantys' heavy swing guard breaks, so it does ignore parries in its entirety, allowing you to attack safely from the front of a duelist or black knight without proccing eviter or stalemate ever, even if they are not guarding.
My biggest issue with the gigantys is that despite being a fuckhuge sword with tons of incentive to make your hits count

Its scaling is worse than a base longsword by a full 20%. So when you do hit...It's usually not actually THAT much better than any other weapon. Despite the effort you put into landing that blow.
I'de say up it to 100% atleast. 10% SWA can go a long way when you're supposed to have a lot of str with it anyway.
EenKogNeeto post_id=36669 time=1558665799 user_id=2034 Wrote:My biggest issue with the gigantys is that despite being a fuckhuge sword with tons of incentive to make your hits count

Its scaling is worse than a base longsword by a full 20%. So when you do hit...It's usually not actually THAT much better than any other weapon. Despite the effort you put into landing that blow.
I'de say up it to 100% atleast. 10% SWA can go a long way when you're supposed to have a lot of str with it anyway.

Jumping from 90% STR to 110% STR is roughly anywhere from 15-20 SWA depending on the STR you are rocking, while the damage bonus on the Gigantys itself is around 70-80 with the right parts/upgrades/etc. on it, I think your comparison is a little off here, Kingslayer on paper doesn't seem much better than a long sword, except when pitted against 10*s then its true use shines.

Last time when I was hauling around the building sword on a 58 scaled STR character the Gigantys had 135 SWA, I think thats plenty.
Increasing the weapon's damage is not the main issue here and it shouldn't be ignored. Despite not having that much of a higher scaling, I'd very much prefer actually HITTING over increasing the damage for something you won't hit without the aid of Hexer.