Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Absolute Pace
The new absolute pace is pretty difficult to pull off for many reasons. Absoluite pace used to last for 5 turns and even then barely ever found a use, reason for that it that Evade of auto attacks is not accounted for, making people basically ignore it. Now it barely holds for 2 effective rounds aswell and needs you to set it up.
So:
-Could it count for evade aswell?
-Maybe slightly extend it's duration as it's the hardest of the three to set up?
If it counted for Evasion that could get out of hand very very quickly, I'd like to explore alternatives to this if possible, like the possibility of it granting a status to a much lesser degree should the effect run out on your initial target.
Is it though? the damage buff ain't that massive and its a one time use. Usually you do more damage with absolute death, far more reliable.

If you build enough strength for it to actually matter, you are usually sacrificing alot of evade which ya need to even pull it off.
I am not against alternatives, but the testing so far left me pretty underwhelmed as it slows your whole fighting style down by a lot for barely even finding any use.
The damage buff is kinda massive, especially when you consider it can trigger on Wazabane now, topping Checkmate for the basic attack with one of the largest flat damage buffs, I think it would get pretty annoying since evasion is way easier to trigger, and unlike flottement you wouldn't be able to simply avoid it as easily.
What if it has the same conditions as flotterment for evasion?
Truth be told, it could be afforded to not do as much damage but now work with Evasion.

Reducing that to 100-125% of your Scaled STR or something as bonus damage, plus the combo effect, and bam. Absolute Pace can actually be used now.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Currently it is 100% of Scaled STR, as Shujin brought up it lasts 2 rounds and is consumed on the first use.

I could see it maybe working with flottement rules set in place, but only if it stays as being consumed on the first kensei offensive skill.