Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too Gentle Torrent
Gentle Torrent is in dire need of a buff it is the least used priest skill because it not only has a 3 round cooldown but it basically does the same amount of damage as Kel. It's literally an 8% difference in scaling which is funny for a promo class skill to do as much damage as a base class skill, cost more, and have a heavy CD for a very situational effect that is only used in team battles and can't even affect your own self. Shorten the cooldown to 1 round and buff the scaling by a little, I'd say about 135% or 140%. I'd also maybe suggest changing it's singular straight line to a 3 tile line like magaisendo to give it a wave-like effect instead of just another bubble skill or just make it affect you as well.
Just remove the cooldown, make it only usable once per round and make it cost 1M. No need to buff its damage or range, I guess. People don't pick it because 3M, big FP cost and 3 CD makes it poor at being reliable for the magic spell's role on the support side.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I think making the skill 1m while retaining its current scaling would be anything but healthy, lets not go that far.

Gentle Torrent doesn't need a cooldown, lets start with that, most water skills don't hit 140% scaling simply due to it scaling from the best defensive stat in the game.

Another quality of life buff would be making it so the skill passes through enemies too, so that it may affect allies on the other side, or be a possible line based AoE.
I like that better. Removing cooldown and making it a projectile like Wind Slasher, that goes through both enemies and allies, is also a needed QoL.

My idea with 1M was due to repositioning to use it properly. This is so you don't have to always be using Rescue on your friends and disrupt their positioning in times they're advantageous.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I am still of the belief that some sort of cooldown is needed. At least so it cannot be used twice in the same turn. With the right alignment, that could mean two duration off of the debuffs of any amount of your allies, which can be a big deal.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
I wanted to remove the CD myself but a few people seem to think it's too overpowered which I don't understand at all. There's currently skills that do more than this with no CD at all and COMPLETELY remove the status not even lower the duration, which is only 1 round per use and requires peculiar setup. I also think it shouldn't break at the first enemy to give it some flavor instead of just being another version of Kel. This skill is very situational as in you can only abuse(? not with that CD) this in team battles and they HAVE to be lined up in a straight line, just how often does that occur in an actual team spar? Let's be real here. By yourself it's just another offensive spell with a big lack in the word offense. As for the scaling I have to disagree. It's ridiculous to have similar scaling to a base class skill when it's a promo class skill, which is why I suggested a small jump but if the cooldown is removed and some buffs occur then that's fine with me the scaling can stay.