Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soggysalad Pt. 2
http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...477#p35477
Quote:I think Sogensara got a little overnerfed. It's essentially a bad deluxe version of Yukijin.
Yukijin has 9 power, 80% accuracy, 0 critical and 10 weight. 60% STR 40% SKI. It's a 7*.
Sogensara has 11 power, 80% accuracy, 0 critical and 15 weight. 60% STR 40% SKI. It's a 9*.

The difference is 5 weight, which "helps" (not really because remains materials and weapon additions) with two-hand, and two power.
These small differences for a world of trouble in finding the weapon if you're farming for it on your own.
To delve further in, lets also compare potentials.

Yukijin's potential changes the damage of sheathe sword to magical, and gives it a specific element instead of being slash damage.
Sogensara's potential targets Doriads and plant monsters (it says enemies, but really..), and lays down ice tiles otherwise.
Sogensara's potential is super situational, but even in the situations where it comes in handy, it's pretty bad. 3m to freeze a boss, or 3m to freeze a Doriad in PvP (when I haven't really even seen Doriads around much).

I have a list of changes that could be made. They're independent of each other.
1. Sogensara's power goes down from 11 to 9, but it's scaling is changed to 60% SKI and 40% STR.
2. Everblue becomes able to target any player, inflicting Frozen lvl 10 and also goes on CD for 3 - 5 rounds. Additionally, it deals damage equal to 75% SWA + Ice ATK as an autohit that procs evasion. It isn't effected by elemental buffs.

Numbers are subject to change, but this is really meant to get the conversation started.

I realized I posted that in the wrong topic, but it did get some good ideas rolling for the item to be changed. I figured it should actually go here, though, since balance stuff.
I don't understand why you basically copy pasted the same thing instead of bumping the other thread, really doesn't allow for a whole 'lot more discussion but here we go.

Quote:Sogensara's potential targets Doriads and plant monsters (it says enemies, but really..), and lays down ice tiles otherwise.
Sogensara's potential is super situational, but even in the situations where it comes in handy, it's pretty bad. 3m to freeze a boss, or 3m to freeze a Doriad in PvP (when I haven't really even seen Doriads around much).

Lets not discount the value of one skill because not a lot of people play the race, the race is still strong regardless, I would agree that the potential is possibly too situational however, if it just did ice damage while laying down an ice path that'd be fine due to its absolutely ridiculous range, can combo up with expanding ice well with that.

Everything else sounds fine so long as its not going up in scaling again, 120% total scaling was simply too much.