Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i prevent u
Short and sweet, I feel that Prevention Potions's status resist buff is a little bit too high. Little bit might be an understatement.

[Image: unknown.png]

Without any investment in status resist stats, you can easily get 250% status resist upon using a Large Prevention Potion. I believe Medium is LV35, which adds +175% status resist for less than 5M.

Now, don't get me wrong, I do think Prevention Potions needed a buff. I'm just saying that I think this is too big of a number, so my propositions are the following:

A) Making it LV*3% instead.
B) Making it LV*2% instead.

I personally lean towards A. The current counterplay as far as I know is the magic stone Requinite, Null Shell and Wash Away, but the first example is very RNG based while the following two are class specific.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
Option A is the best one. 150% is the baseline for any dedicated Status Infliction-based character, and the bonuses push them to 200% naturally, so... that ideally makes someone with no resistance have a solid 50% chance to be inflicted or not. Which is more fair for both sides.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Personally, I'm all for option B.

Considering how long these pots can potentially last; 150% status res from option A with a Large Pot seems like a bit much. It'd easily shut down anyone that needs status infliction if you have at least a decent amount of status res to begin with.

On the contrary, it takes up an item belt slot on top of the momentum cost and can be dispelled by Requinite like previously stated in the opening post, which could very well mean one less slot for your own requinite/cleanse pot/pre-his.
A little bit late to also suggesting this, but it could also give Potion Sickness with one of the propositions. Probably just A if that ends up being the choice.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
I'm with Miller for option B as well with a potion sickness added. As you can see in the screenshots that's beyond ridiculous. With the recent changes to Hexer the odds have started to lean in favor towards status resist builds by a mile and it pretty much renders any chance of inflicting someone to 0 unless it's a skill that does not check status resist, which is rare. Builds that don't use Hexer are pretty much shut down completely.
250% Status Resistance just from a potion is very much ridiculous, and easily justifies anyone dumping Status Resistance when setting up their stats. Considering how many PR-His are in circulation, I have no doubt this will be passed around/sold like hotcakes, and wreck the hopes and dreams of anyone who ever thought of inflicting statuses.

Either option works, but if Potion Sickness isn't in play, Option B needs to be taken.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Honestly I'm not sure when this changed but it should just reflect the actual description of the item and give LV*1% instead.