Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invocation 'Extra' Seed
Call me crazy. Because I am crazy. But, in light of there not being any 'extra' seeds for Dynamic tomes (to my knowledge), AND that there are very few high-level invocations, I'd like to propose:

Invocation seeds for the 'extra' slot. The words of which would be placed in the 'win quotes' tab, which I feel doesn't see a lot of use. Doing so wouldn't be hugely difficult in my opinion, either. Take the grade of the invocation seed (D, C, B, A, etc) and multiply the power of the tome's other effects by how many 'actions' (multiples of 3M) used. MINUS ONE, for reasons I'll explain.

So, a D rank invocation (9M) would double the effects of the dynamic tome. A C rank invocation (15M) would give a 4x multiplier to all effects, durations(?), FP costs, (cooldowns?), etc. The only thing I suggest SHOULDN'T be multiplied is the SWA portion of the tome's base damage, given that other invocations keep their SWA at 100% and just increase the elemental scaling. That, or perhaps each multiplier past the first gives only a 50% increase to both SWA and elemental scaling.

An example of this would be a D rank invocation giving you 150% SWA and 150% elemental scaling. Whatever feels more balanced.

Now, why the -1? Because, these tomes have a 1 round cooldown for a reason. They're strong as hell. 300 damage with a single spell cast, for a small spell cost, provided you only put in damage seeds. In the case of C rank invocations and higher, the limitation isn't as necessary-- because that's a fair bit of setup anyway. Invocations can be stopped, and it'll be very difficult to get them off when people notice you're casting a custom invocation.

There would probably need to be some editing involved in the 'win quotes' tab, which may or may not be difficult, so I'll leave that opinion up to Dev if he decides he likes this idea. Anything else, I'd love to hear opinions on. Think this would be broken? Like it? Hate it? Any changes you'd make to what I've laid out?

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

EDIT: It was pointed out to me that Charm seed would be stupidly broken for this, so it'd be worth giving certain seeds exceptions to this specific seed. 'This seed does not work with Invocation seeds' or something in cases like that.
[Image: unknown.png]
Hard disagree here chief, I'm sorry but I don't believe the weight of what you said is fully clear., so I'll break it down

Magnetize lord seed is 50 magnetize, 25 hit, multiply it by 4 and it alone is 100 hit on enemies affected up to 4 with a line tome.

Charm is 25% as a lord seed, making it do 100% charm for 12 duration as the same rank C meaning you could treat them like dirt and they'd love you more than an alraune.

Poison would not be so bad but the duration would be EASILY abused by menovs fang being level 40 turned 80 for 12 turns multiplied by menovs

Celsius would reduce your movement by 12

acidity would reduce your defenses by 40

burn would do 100 damage per turn and reduce all of your bonus defense.

and that isn't counting the fact that with all seeds being purely damage the tome currently does 100% SWA +325% elemental attack with the safe route on a single cast. It just would not be fitting to allow someone to effectively make a rank C tactical nuke of an invocation that potentially can apply game breaking status debuffs
Fair enough. Doesn't mean the whole idea has to be scrapped necessarily, though. Remove the duration multipliers, add an exception for charm, and maybe apply the '50% past the first multiplier' clause for everything, not just base scaling. So a D rank invocation would be a 1.5x to all effects, instead of 2x. A C rank invocation, a 2.5x instead of 4x.

Also, magnetize has a built-in cap of 50.
[Image: unknown.png]
I don't think this would work well mechanically since nothing is balanced around it, but I don't think it's an awful idea.