Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spiked Slippers
Spiked Treads currently only negate pushes (Repel, Geldoren, HotG, Dense Thunder, Domino Resonate etc) but do not negate pulls (Forced Move, Scarlet Twister, Cyclone Spear).

This seems like backwards logic, and causes for some contentious balance issues- the reason Spiked Treads are ever used are to prevent displacement and cinder cheesing. It seems almost useless when the strongest pulls in the game bypass Spiked Treads, causing potentially both, when logically speaking it should prevent it.

Can Spiked Treads please negate pulls? Having an item to specifically disallow displacing another character, only to be displaced anyway and take additional damage because they just so happen to be a Mars-badged or Nerhaven-using character, seems extremely strange to me.
[Image: unknown.png]
Making Spiked Treads ignore pulls in addition to pushes would quickly skyrocket it from being really good to becoming basically required to not get cheesed by displacement, It'd also make skills like Orkam Drehen/Forced Move and Scarlet Twister entirely useless for what they are, especially considering Orkam Drehen and Scarlet Twister imply that if the target doesn't meet the full pull requirement they will not take damage.

The solution is not really buffing Spiked Treads I don't think, a new shoe slot, enchant slot, or something similar is more in mind.
Could also be something related to Battle Weight, this supposedly new enchant.

Just brainstorming.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Basically what Spoopie said.. A new shoe-slot item that negates pulling can probably be in order for that. (Aside from the need to limit Scarlet Twister's humongous pull range overall)
Also if being push/pulled through cinders is an issue, we have the spiritual soot (flamewalk) enchant you can stack on top of the spiked treads to severally hurt those kind of builds.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
Cinder tile spam is an issue, too often you'll see someone just use Blazing Cyclone Spear twice as their entire action because there's no way to prevent it without completely negating their build with a single item/action and then they have nothing they can do to you at all.

Not getting pulled or pushed is the intended effect of the boots I would say, and it often bites people in the ass to have them on. I don't really want to stick a red letter in my belt on every character to avoid cinder memes. I'de rather have treads keep me in place without fail - Even if it were at the cost of losing a movement point or two as a price to pay.