Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mirror's Edge [v.2.01b]
When reflecting specifically line based projectiles it uses the Spirit Mirror's user's weapon and stats/skill level to determine the damage, ending up in remarkably depressing numbers even when reflecting really really big moves, as it'll end up defaulting to the user's bare fists or the weapon if applicable, or in the case of reflecting magic it will only deal the elemental portion of the spell if you do not have a casting implement equipped. (which can either be really low or mediocre depending on the build)

Furthermore it seems that line based projectiles will only reflect back one singular tile instead of the remaining distance or the full distance.

Pictured here is a 150 SWA sword using rank 5 Eclair Lacroix into someone using a spirit mirror, because they do not have Eclair Lacroix at rank 5, or are using a sword their damage is remarkably pitiful.

[Image: dVwNbvo.png]

One more thing I should mention is that targetted abilities such as Ryemei, Gun Basics and Bow basics will reflect back to the original caster using their weapon/skill/etc. and for the full distance, allowing spirit mirror to be of full use.

What I'm asking for what I assume to be a bug for the very reason written above is that first off when Spirit Mirror reflects back a projectile that the remaining distance and ownership of the projectile are retained from the original caster, allowing spirit mirror to not require to rank up every projectile in the game to rank 5, as well as having the right tool to use the ability from ever.

To replicate this issue (I used shinken, Fir and eclair lacroix):

1) Fight an opponent with the reflect projectile status
2) Fire off a line based ability into reflect projectile, resulting in its travel distance back being severely cut and damage likely being stimped because of skills not ranked.
Personally, I wouldn't want it being capable of doing the full damage. If this were a bug, I'd hope there was a reduction to the damage of some sort. Would be very annoying to come across in battle if it wasted your momentum to then pump a massive attack back at you, since you can't use projectiles on someone without reflecting it first, making it not really avoidable.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
I don't know if it's possible to do this when the projectile changes ownership, but it makes no sense that a super-death-projectile loses all of its strength unless you're holding the proper weapon yourself.
WaifuApple post_id=36228 time=1555868927 user_id=1751 Wrote:Personally, I wouldn't want it being capable of doing the full damage. If this were a bug, I'd hope there was a reduction to the damage of some sort. Would be very annoying to come across in battle if it wasted your momentum to then pump a massive attack back at you, since you can't use projectiles on someone without reflecting it first, making it not really avoidable.

If it were to retain the distance already traveled at the very least it would not be too hard to deal with either, allowing you to remain at a safe distance from your own projectile so long as you're observant. (as its revealed by a status.)

For the case of big ultra death moves, having those without a smaller projectile to proc mirrors first is sort of a risky way to play around it, and more so what spirit mirror's strengths are as an item slot comparatively to other powerful accessories, I don't think a damage reduction would be necessary.
Projectiles and projectile damage function differently. This isn't really a bug, just a quirk of how the game works.
Neus post_id=36238 time=1555905552 user_id=2 Wrote:Projectiles and projectile damage function differently. This isn't really a bug, just a quirk of how the game works.

Before even attempting to turn this into a Balance Fu thread, is changing how Spirit Mirror functions in that regard even possible?
When a projectile gets reflected you become the new caster, so if you don't have the appropriate skill/weapon type equipped, the damage isn't going to be very high. Damage isn't determined until the projectile ends, and the caster can't harm allies unless they're confused.

It's not impossible to change it or anything, but I don't know if I really want to have to go through all of the existing projectiles to account for it. Reflecting the projectile is pretty significant already.
If you have to go through every single projectile in the game to do it then that seems hardly worth the trouble, thank you for answering.

I do agree that reflecting a projectile in of itself is pretty worthwhile, Just for future reference, would it be any easier to default a skill's weapon to your main hand instead of bare fists when your's do not apply?

Otherwise I am finished on the topic.